Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 am

Yeah it is, isn't it. The last thing I heard from Chuck was dealing with the signal light hiccup. Maybe I'll get some response today? dunno

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:28 am

SheWolf wrote:
Yeah it is, isn't it. The last thing I heard from Chuck was dealing with the signal light hiccup. Maybe I'll get some response today? dunno

I don't think the signals should be an issue. Let the buyer's worry about that. Hell, the WR's signals are gigantic and should be replaced with something better anyway. They just need to get this damn tank into production already.
Back to top Go down
Huron52

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:34 am

SheWolf wrote:
Make sure you get the Acerbis locking gas cap in LARGE. The small one will not fit. thumb

In googling I found Just Gas Tanks that have a part# 2070769999 states

"Fits all Acerbis tanks will the Larger Thread **All but KTM 2 Strokes
Will Fit Acerbis BMW tanks"

The Acerbis own website has the same part number but they only call it a univeral locking cap

Is that the one that will fit?
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:41 am

FWIW, put me down for a Blue. I've got a black 09 WRX, but I really wanted a blue bike. Think I'll get the blue tank, and then just get blue fenders and maybe headlight surround if it's not too much. Leave the side panels and seat black. Should look great with the black frame, forks and rims on the X.
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Please put me down for a white one.
Back to top Go down
fusil

PostSubject: IMS 4.5 Gal Tally   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:18 pm

I would spring for a nutral one!
Back to top Go down
Huron52

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 pm

As for the signal lights..... isn't there something on the market to put them out on the hand guards... Or would they take to much of a beating out there?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Are you talking about the integrated blinkers in the had guards? I've got them in mine and they are pretty tough.

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Blinkers......Never use them anyway. Critters never seem to pay them any mind anyway.
Get the tank out there.
Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: write up done.   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Check this post for how I moved the signals inboard.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t4106-turn-signal-relocation

John
Back to top Go down
Graham

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 pm

I am assuming that we get a gas cap, but can we include a locking gas cap in the order?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:37 pm

They don't supply a locking gas cap, but you can get an Acerbis locking gas cap that will work. thumb

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:47 am

Is there going to be a yellow tank?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:50 am

More than likely Rattlecan Yellow!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:35 am

No, as far as I know they will be doing the colors the 3.1 gallon have.

47une

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:27 am

Wow, I have only been waiting like a few weeks now for something to happen here. You people that have been waiting since the beginning must be bloody patient soles!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:44 am

Sorry guys, nothing from Chuck. I'll drop him another line. dunno

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah, I was expecting to at least see an April Fools Joke in here.

"Ok, they're ready, send in your money!"

"Just kidding!"
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 am

I think they meant end of March 2012.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:36 am

I think grinding those divots in would have made a good april fools joke. Dumb!
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi all, new member here, been a lurker for a while. I am in for one of these tanks for sure when they are available. Shewolf, thanks for all the effort you have put into this!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Got an update from Chuck. He's not too happy with the mold shop; apparently they muffed up the rear mounting point and it's off by 10mm. He had to make them redo it, so it means the tank went back in for that fix. Sadly, he had also already sent the tank back to the mold shop with the adjustments for the signal lights before he got the bracket mod idea. There are divots.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 pm

NOOOOOOOOO Divots! GAHHHH If things are being reworked, the make it smoooooooth again. Purdy please.

John

SheWolf wrote:
Got an update from Chuck. He's not too happy with the mold shop; apparently they muffed up the rear mounting point and it's off by 10mm. He had to make them redo it, so it means the tank went back in for that fix. Sadly, he had also already sent the tank back to the mold shop with the adjustments for the signal lights before he got the bracket mod idea. There are divots.
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm

SheWolf wrote:
There are divots.

puke
Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:43 pm

If this means we have to wait another 2 weeks to get rid of the divots, I would wait personally.

Did he say if he tried the signal relocation and did it still interfere? Heck, if it did, I would go out and replace the signals with LEDs to keep the divots away. Very happy

John

skisauveur wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
There are divots.

puke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 13 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next