Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
trav72

trav72

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Sadly, he had also already sent the tank back to the mold shop with the adjustments for the signal lights before he got the bracket mod idea. There are divots.

That's good to know. As it was a completely unnecessary adjustment. It should have just been made and sold with a disclaimer saying the signals have to be relocated. It's not like it would be difficult thing to do. If you can install an aftermarket tank you can move or even replace the signals. Not to mention the divots probably throw off the lines of the tank. I might just get the 3.1 and call it good.
Back to top Go down
Eurastus

Eurastus

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Divots are a horrible idea. I've been holding out for this tank, but I hate the divot idea. Safari looks decent, at least.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:00 pm

I'm anti-divot, too.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 pm

budah GAHHHH dddog
Back to top Go down
vasculopath

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Divots Shmivots, All I care about is Capacity, and hope they get done dicking around so I can give them some money.
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:30 pm

If he's keeping track, I'm of the NO DIVOTS mind-set also. It sounds like the mold is getting reworked anyway. Why not go ahead and get rid of those ugly @ss divots?

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm

They're putting the divots in with this reworking. Probably irreversible. New mold will be required for no divots.

Chuck needs to start visiting the forum to keep up with the cutting edge research going on here.
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

PostSubject: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 pm

I can't imagine after all this work and all this time with this tank to have divots. It looked great as it was. It make NO sense. It looks to me as if IMS feels it has to get something out there even if its wrong. If it has divots take me off the list!
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Mind to explain what is a divot please. I don't know what is a divot. English is not my native langage.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Dancamp wrote:
Mind to explain what is a divot please. I don't know what is a divot. English is not my native langage.

There is a cut out in part of the tank. This allows space for the turn signals when the bars are turned.
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Dancamp wrote:

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Wr6_0010
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Looks aside, what is the problem with divots ?
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Dancamp wrote:
Looks aside, what is the problem with divots ?

Well, I can't put the looks aside, but aside from the looks, it is unnecessary. Simply relocating the turn signals eliminates the need for the divots.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:02 pm

One of the more obvious problem with divots is when the shorter riders lower the forks in the triple trees they will hit the divots. Oh, and they are butt ugly.
Is IMS the only company besides Safari capable of making a tank?

Last edited by joenuclear on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Huron52

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 pm

joenuclear wrote:
One of the more obvious problem with divots is when the shorter riders lower the forks in the triple trees they will hit the divots.

Please explain that one?
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 pm

joenuclear wrote:
One of the more obvious problem with divots is when the shorter riders lower the forks in the triple trees they will hit the divots. Oh, and they are butt ugly.
Is IMS the only company besides Safari capable of maaking a tank?

scratch What?

They are the only two willing so far.

For what it's worth, if I wanted one of these tanks I would prefer it without.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Huron52 wrote:
joenuclear wrote:
One of the more obvious problem with divots is when the shorter riders lower the forks in the triple trees they will hit the divots.

Please explain that one?

If a shorter rider lowers the rear of the bike they need to lower the front to maintain steering geometry. The the turn signals will be lowered into the "divots".
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Wrong, the signals are mounted to the fork clamps which are hinged to the frame. The signals don't move when sliding the forks upward.

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Ightsig76
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Divots or no divots, I am more concerned about capacity. Just make it as big as possible. But yes, having said that, I would prefer it without the divots, it will look HEAPS better.
Back to top Go down
Huron52

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 pm

speedfiend wrote:
Wrong, the signals are mounted to the fork clamps which are hinged to the frame. The signals don't move when sliding the forks upward.

Yeah ... That's what I thought

As for the cutouts... I would rather not have them! I'd be willing to move the turn signals.
Back to top Go down
cibo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:21 am

just get the tank done, divots or no divots. i agree that no divots would probably look nicer with nice clean lines, but perhaps some divots could end up looking pretty cool too.

it's just a tank to let carry more gas; aesthetics aside, if it holds close to 5 gallons, I'll take it.

that said, i'd prefer no divots, but whatever.....

get er done!
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:03 am

speedfiend wrote:

Oops! You are correct.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:11 pm

This is what he sent me with the last update.

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Wr61_010

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Wr61_011

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Wr61_012

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Wr61_013

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Wow! What a shame. It was a good looking tank and those divots make it look terrible! puke

SheWolf, please take me off the list.

SheWolf wrote:
This is what he sent me with the last update.

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Wr61_012

Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:51 pm

It isn't great, but for me, it is acceptable. I am still on the list for a natural, as the max amount of fuel on board is the best.

John

trav72 wrote:
Wow! What a shame. It was a good looking tank and those divots make it look terrible! puke

SheWolf, please take me off the list.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 14 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next