Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Nope, no worries my fearless comrades! thumb The tank is not changing in style; what they're doing is the end product. Unless there's a flaw like the 3.1 did, but let's just hope that doesn't happen.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 am

By end product, does that mean something that can be added or retrofitted to the first round of tanks? I'd hate for them to come out with a line of tanks with embedded graphics or multi colors and have already bought one. If it's an add-on (keyed gas cap, graphics that actually stick, etc.), them I'm cool with it.
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 am

The more i think about this deal the more pissed i get. I was really steaming last night.

Its not about me paying more money, its about the shitty business practices of IMS. They paniced when they realized 75% of people were ordering through Matt, Oh no everyone is ordering from someone else we better cover our asses and screw the poor hard working small shop guy. I am sure a bunch of people now want to jump ship from Matts order and save some $$, putting more paperwork, funds being transferred and time being spent on his end because IMS dropped the ball yet again. what a FUBAR

Now IMS wants to drop ship Matts orders directly so more people have to handle the paperwork, shipping addresses, etc, adding more TIME, more chances that information is lost, mishandled or misprinted. What a shitty situation for Matt and all the consumers that just want a big tank for our bikes and want them quickly.

Again Thank you Matt for stepping up and helping fellow riders, i sincerely appreciate it. You will get my return business, i have a lot of bikes and buy a lot of parts. This will be the last IMS tank I purchase, ever. Well thats if we ever actually see the damn things on our doorstep.

sorry for the rant i needed to vent.

Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 am

I agree with a lot of what you are saying regarding how IMS changed directions all of a sudden, but regarding the shipping, I think you'll get the tanks a lot quicker if IMS drop ships them directly to you rather than them shipping all the way to Matt's shop, him unboxing, inventorying then reboxing (a couple days?) and then shipping again (more transit time), especially for West coast residents since IMS is in Cali and Matt's shop is in Ohio. I think drop shipping from the manufacturer is always the faster delivery method.

Last edited by Chadx on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
vasculopath

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am

Wow Guys, in the big picture it's just a gas tank you know?
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 am

vasculopath wrote:
Wow Guys, in the big picture it's just a gas tank you know?

yep its just a gas tank. Doesnt matter if it was a set of rims, seats, pegs, hand guards, anything really. Its about the poor execution by a reputable company.

its about consumers trying to spend HARD earned money on a product that was promised and then delayed over & over again, once it was developed there were design flaws and now terrible communication and poor execution once the tanks are ready for market. Shitty situation all the way around from a company that has been in the business for a looong time and should know how to properly handle a product release. Who is stuck in the middle? Matt a guy just trying to help us and make a living.

Chad I hear what your saying about faster shipping, but in my experience the more people that handle paper work the more likely it is to get mishandled.

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:15 am

+ 1 Rider. I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 am

I'm with Rider on this one.
I'm also interested to know if Matt will get the credit for the sales from IMS since they are drop shipping the tanks and bypassing him. I don't really give a crap about the $30. I just don't want the one guy who stepped up to get over-looked by the supplier. I don't think IMS will do that as it sounds like they are at least trying to fix their error but I'd like to hear it from Matt.

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:38 am

OK, a lot of you are going to be surprised to hear this from me, but...

In defense of IMS, after my lengthy conversation with Chris yesterday I truly do not feel they set out to screw me, or you, after the fact by offering their own group price after they had communicated that it would not happen. I am not going to air out all the details publicly but there seem to have been a few key mistakes made internally, by more than one person, that added up to this situation, but I think someone may have got taken out back to the wood shed yesterday. Bad communication internally was the bulk of it, and it was more than one instance of bad communication that by themselves would not have ended up this way. Poor lines of communication to the rider community and repeatedly sidelining this project for others did not help with the frustration of us, the riders. Some of those communication issues may have been a contributing factor to the tank being sidelined a few times, but I cannot speak to that for sure. In the end, mistakes get made, but every mistake was made by someone who is only human, and we ALL make mistakes from time to time. Believe me, if I thought IMS was trying to do something underhanded I would call them out on it. We're a tiny shop and need every dime we can make, and every vendor we can buy from, but I am a man of principal and I don't take to being bullied. Last year I pulled a very popular product line (rhymes with a margarita ingredient) and boxed it up in the back because of a situation like that. This is just a series of unfortunate mistakes, made by guys who probably ride and are just trying to make a living for their families, that cumulatively created a medium sized clusterphuk. It would have been easier for IMS if they had told me to go pound salt and return everyone's money, and made me look like an idiot. You all would have been pissed off, but lets face it, almost every one of you still would have taken the returned funds and bought the tank from them. But they not only admitted they goofed up, but are kicking ass to make it right for each and every one of you, while not screwing me. As far as them drop shipping straight to you, Chadx is right, this way is going to be less paperwork, and you are all going to get them faster. I know I fielded a few emails and called a couple of you yesterday who were so irritated that you were ready to bail and go buy a Safari tank. To those guys specifically, as well as everyone else, I think I can speak for Chris at IMS and myself when I say thank you for changing your mind and giving us both a chance to make this right. As far as the details of shipping getting goofed, before i pass all the shipping addresses on to Chris you all will have an opportunity to double check all the info.

And yes, IMS is taking care of me also.

It is just a tank, but it sure seems to be rather explosive.

Of course maybe today I will snap, take all the money that's in paypal, and run off to Tierra Del Fuego with the bikes... GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 am

Oh, and don't forget to PM SheWolf about our latest scam, errr... group deal.
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 am

Wanna hear something really funny? I just got an email from someone wanting in on the buy poser2 poser2 poser2
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:47 am

I still say that as bad as IMS has been, the aquila/safari mess was far worse and I booted that tank right back to jgt when I learned it was way below stated capacity and am still holding a grudge so lets not think too badly about the screwups at IMS so far.

I do worry about what we might find when their tank gets out to riders though and they'd best have their ducks in a row from here on out.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 am

Muddyrabbit wrote:

Of course maybe today I will snap, take all the money that's in paypal, and run off to Tierra Del Fuego with the bikes... GAHHHH

Hunting humans; the ultimate challenge, and tiny factory gas tanks will make it even more difficult. wink
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

speedfiend wrote:
and tiny factory gas tanks will make it even more difficult. wink

At least at this point we will both have the same handicap, try getting more fuel on a BMW X-Country.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Well now that the clusterf*ck has been partially unf*cked, can we just get the tanks asap? Oh, and please send me one that doesn't leak. amazon
Back to top Go down
EnderTheX

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:26 pm

trav72 wrote:
Well now that the clusterf*ck has been partially unf*cked, can we just get the tanks asap? Oh, and please send me one that doesn't leak. amazon

+1

Also.... since I bought through Matt and now it is going through IMS... Do I have to do anything different? Or is my shipping info and money going through the right channels and eventually producing a tank at my doorstep? wink
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 pm

I am currently working on getting everyone's shipping info entered into a new spreadsheet to send to Chris, then through the magic of the GoogleWeb and The Man In Brown a tank will arrive at your door step.

eventually
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Could you maybe use the girl in brown?

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 Psgirl

Even more magical.
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:09 pm

In all the chaos I forgot to mention that the local sign shop thinks they have a solution for graphics that won't come off.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm

speedfiend wrote:
Could you maybe use the girl in brown?

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 Psgirl

Even more magical.
Y'know, UPS Canada are crooks regarding border brokerages fees, but she would ............. Uh, what was the question?
Back to top Go down
TierHawg

PostSubject: Sales Tax in California   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:00 pm

I feel bad for Geauga Power Sports. Both they and She Wolf worked hard to make this tank buy happen, then IMS muscles in and takes over, with a cheaper price. topes

What this means to me, and other fellow Californians is nothing, nada, zip. Order through Geauga Power Sports, based in Ohio, we pay no sales tax. Order through IMS in Riverside, CA, we pay sales tax. Anyone care to guess how much that amount is? poser2

pig

Back to top Go down
cibo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 pm

I keep my graphics on with staples. seems to do the trick. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Just spoke with Chris, theoretically tanks will begin shipping out next Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Muddyrabbit wrote:
Oh, and don't forget to PM SheWolf about our latest scam, errr... group deal.

Ah ha. So it's you that is the man behind the curtain on that one. Excellent! I'm in on that one. Too good of helmet deal to pass up. Anyone looking for a GREAT dual sport lid, do PM shewolf for details.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 pm

So I was one of those caught between orders (was on the group buy list but hadn't paid yet) so I am left to order direct from IMS. I sent them an email yesterday and have yet to hear back. Anyone know if we all supposed to contact them directly for the new group buy or what's going on there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 21 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next