Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
spadgitt

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Dancamp wrote:
spadgitt wrote:
Just thinking out loud here......do you guys think this tank will work with the current crop of radiator guards out there? I've got the Flatland Racing guard on my bike now and I am looking at the picture and asking myself if I think it will work.
Of course side impact protection won't be a problem with the tank but what about front impacts from rocks, etc.?
I'm probably just thinking too much about it. scratch
Even if it won't work without modifiying my rad guard, I still want the damn thing.........

Scott P.

I think it will work even better. I have some trouble screwing the plastic panel to the guard. With the new tank no more panel so nomore problems.

The only problem I foresee is with some electrical wirings. Some people that routed their wires behind the plastic panels will have to reroute them.

Yeah, good point Dancamp. I didn't think about that. For some reason I was thinking the rad guard went further around the side. Now that you mention it, I have had issues with my plastic side panel staying attached to the screws also. Might have something to do with trying to drag tree branches with me along for my ride........ Very happy
I'll happily move some wiring if I can get close to 5 gallons of fuel capacity.

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
MidContinent Rider

PostSubject: ETA yet??   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Is there any indication yet on the ETA on the Titleist Tank ?? You know the one with the special designed divots that increase the flight of the WR well past 300 yards that the OEM offers. I'm still in for a Blue one. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Nothing back from Chuck past what I've posted. Last I heard he was having it out with the mold shop over this whole problem. dunno

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Well if he needs some people to stand behind him and look tough...

check out the gay-leather-biker scene and ask for volunteers. thumb

Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:27 pm

speedfiend wrote:
Well if he needs some people to stand behind him and look tough...

check out the gay-leather-biker scene and ask for volunteers. thumb

poser2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Oh dear.... lurk On another note, I might be able to get this tank at a cheaper rate. PM me on this. thumb

47une

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:25 am

So any word on if the divots are staying or going, the finished capacity or a ready to ship date?
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 am

I am a 100% in on a white tank if they offer white, natural would be my backup.

IMHO the recesses for the signals are a poor attempt to cover an oversight in the design process. They should offer tanks with or without the recess. I will buy either way because I want the capacity but holy crap someone in the design department needs a boot in the butt.
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: Divots... I could care less...   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 am

...I certainly didn't buy the WR-R for posin'.

I mean, Jeeze... I've got a Harbor Freight grinder face mask wire-tied to the headlight cluster for a windscreen Very happy

Who cares about some little divots? I want the tank ASAP! I've got some 2K-mile trips coming up!

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 am

Nothing from Chuck since the divot episode. Looks like that's what he's going with, I guess. dunno I'll shoot him another line; I was hoping I would have heard something by now.

Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Rider_WV wrote:
IMHO the recesses for the signals are a poor attempt to cover an oversight in the design process. They should offer tanks with or without the recess. I will buy either way because I want the capacity but holy crap someone in the design department needs a boot in the butt.
I suspect this is more about trying to meet the capacity that the market demanded, in a tank that didn't look like a pregnant whale, rather than somebody in design who is incompetent.

There is one other high capacity tank out there, and if their final product isn't a competitor for that tank in both capacity and looks, the whole project will probably become a money loser.
Back to top Go down
cibo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:42 pm

lurk
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Jäger wrote:
Rider_WV wrote:
I suspect this is more about trying to meet the capacity that the market demanded, in a tank that didn't look like a pregnant whale, rather than somebody in design who is incompetent.

There is one other high capacity tank out there, and if their final product isn't a competitor for that tank in both capacity and looks, the whole project will probably become a money loser.

I dont buy that, someone had the test tank and early mock ups on the bike and forgot to check ALL the clearances. What is the first thing anyone does when they mod something around the tank, bars, shrouds? Turn the bar lock to lock to check for clearance issues. This is just an observation from an outsider but it looks like they were trying to rush through since they are behind schedule and forgot the lock to lock test earlier in the fitment process. You know what they say about hindsight. Shog Oversights happen, divots or no divots I will buy, IMS makes a great product. Dont let brand loyalty persuade you into thinking this was anything other than a design mistake. They could have easily remedied the clearance issue at an earlier stage to produce a more astetically pleasing line in that area and still surpassed the safari tank capacity. Personally i dont care about how it looks, it cant be any uglier than the safari tank. I want miles and smiles regardless of looks.

I work in R&D, i completely understand oversights in time sensitive projects. It happens to everyone. wink

im new here i will shut up now, I just want a big tank for my bike ASAP cheers
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Rider_WV wrote:
I dont buy that, someone had the test tank and early mock ups on the bike and forgot to check ALL the clearances.
Well you're almost certainly correct in your observation on that part. True enough.

Quote :
Personally i dont care about how it looks, it cant be any uglier than the safari tank.
You might not care, but I wouldn't bet the profitability of the tank that a significant number of potential buyers would not agree with you on not caring how it looks.

Quote :
Dont let brand loyalty persuade you into thinking this was anything other than a design mistake.
No brand loyalty here - I ride with the stock tank and a collapsable fuel blivet when required that holds more than this tank will when released. Weights less as well, and isn't nearly as fugly.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Jäger wrote:
I haven't heard about this other tank. Whose is it?
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm

speedfiend wrote:
Jäger wrote:
I haven't heard about this other tank. Whose is it?

I think he means the Safari.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I really wouldn't regard that old thing as competition in this tanks arena.

Maybe the 3.1's.

I think I'll update my profile Hertz. Central PA as well.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:30 am

Heard back from Chuck! cheers

"The divot master is doing great and he is ready for an order list to start production. You wouldn’t happen to know how many tanks and what colors your friends are looking for? We are going to offer the tank in four colors – Black, Blue, Natural and White.
We have a working tank on a bike now divots and all! I see by the forum that my design skills are A1 in everyone’s opinion. Well almost everyone. Just to remove all doubt the divots are staying and it is what it is. I measured the capacity yesterday and with all of the plumbing and hardware installed the tank holds 4.75 gallons or 17.98 liters. The natural tank makes it really easy to see the fuel level as you can see in the pictures. The divots aren’t the greatest but the tank still looks pretty darn good."

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 Wr7_0010

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 Wr7_0011

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 Wr7_0012

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 Wr7_0013

It actually doesn't look bad with that natural tank. thumb

David Haynes

PostSubject: Mark me down...   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:35 am

...for one Au Naturel (natural color)

And 4.75 gallons sounds great. thumb
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 am

I'll agree! The divots look OK in natural. Please put me back in for one. I'll take natural or white. Whichever one can be shipped first!
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: Last piece...   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:40 am

I'm seeing this tank (4.75 gallons @ 50 mpg = 237.5 miles) as the last piece of the puzzle to make my WR-R the perfect DS bike!

Shewolf... Any word on when IMS will begin shipping?
Back to top Go down
Mr Wizard

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:42 am

Great - Still in for Natural!!

Jim
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:50 am

As soon as he gets an idea of numbers/colors, he'll be getting right on it. Very happy I'll be going thru the list and updating it with the color decision. When the 3.1 went into production and ppl saw it, the capacity, etc., we had more ppl come out of the ground wanting to be added to the list. I'm predicting the same will happen with this now it's out as the finished piece, mounted and working on a bike. thumb

David Haynes

PostSubject: Price?   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:01 am

SheWolf wrote:
As soon as he gets an idea of numbers/colors, he'll be getting right on it. Very happy I'll be going thru the list and updating it with the color decision. When the 3.1 went into production and ppl saw it, the capacity, etc., we had more ppl come out of the ground wanting to be added to the list. I'm predicting the same will happen with this now it's out as the finished piece, mounted and working on a bike. thumb

SW,

I'm in anyways, but have your been quoted a price for this tank? Any group buy going on for this forum?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:17 am

Price is $399 from IMS, they won't do a group buy, but I am working with someone on this tank that could possibly get a lower price. Pm me for details.

Guys, please look on the list on the first page. Find your name, see if I have your colors down (and it's right... Very happy )...if you don't see your name, or don't have a color next to your name, please post up so I can edit it in. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next