Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
speedfiend

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 am

I'll bet that after 3-4 months we'll get a repeat message saying another 3-4 months. Suspect

Even after release I plan on holding off buying until initial demand is met and they have to lower the price to continue sales. budah

Any other aftermarket tank makers care to take our money? You'll have to resist what seems to be a powerful compulsion to jerk us around for a year or more before selling us a tank. scratch
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 am

"Stop watching this topic". Tick...
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

3 or 4 months means I need something else for the riding season. Guess I'll buy the IMS 3 gallon + a couple MSR bottles, can't see spending the extra for the Safari tank.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:34 am

skisauveur wrote:
3 or 4 months means I need something else for the riding season. Guess I'll buy the IMS 3 gallon + a couple MSR bottles, can't see spending the extra for the Safari tank.

I can see buying the Safari. It's tough, proven and available. If I carry an extra MSR bottle it will be to feed a stove. I'm officially "out" of interest in the IMS 4.? $400 to $500 sometime in the future tank.

IF it becomes available and IF it fits and IF it's less than the Safari....... you know.
Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:46 am

I don't need to watch anymore. My new Safari is in, loose fitted, and looks good! Would have enjoyed the extra gas, but this will do fine for virtually everything. Now if I can just get Yamaha to take care of the 08 fuel pump issue......
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:23 pm

FWIW, you can put me down as another person who has been anxiously awaiting this tank, and is seriously bummed about the news of further delays. This is getting rediculous.

I don't know what I'm going to do at this point.
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 am

I bet Yamaha comes out with a WR450R before IMS comes out with the 4.5 poser2
Does anyone want to sell a Safari Tank?
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:31 pm

I've got confidence that IMS will come out with this tank in the not too distant future. I think it will be worth the wait.

She Wolf, please put me down for one in Black.

Thanks,
Scott P.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: UPDATE WITH PICS   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Update guys, sorry thing have been chaotic over here.

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 Wr2_6_10

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 Wr2_6_11

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 Wr2_6_12

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 Wr2_6_13

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 Wr2_6_14

Chuck says "We got our first part out of the 4.5 mold and the tank held 5.0 gallons! We hit our target no redo like the 3 gallon tank, yea! The final production tank capacity will probably be 4.8 gallon (18.1 liter). There is still work to do but if things go as planned we could see production by the end of the month."

That's all I have, which is great news for you guys. It's not his fault things have slid; apparently the guys at the mold shop are way behind on a whack of his stuff, not just the WR.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Damn, that sucker looks wide! I'm sure it won't be that bad once it's mounted on the bike.
Back to top Go down
cibo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm

coolio! cheers
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:49 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Chuck says "We got our first part out of the 4.5 mold and the tank held 5.0 gallons! We hit our target no redo like the 3 gallon tank, yea! The final production tank capacity will probably be 4.8 gallon (18.1 liter). There is still work to do but if things go as planned we could see production by the end of the month."

Fantastic news! THanks for the update. When the news was 3-4 months more delays I put an order in with JGT for the 3g IMS. They didn't have stock so I was able to cancel and now hope to pre-order the 4.5g the moment it's available.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 am

["could see production by the end of the month."]

I wouldn't get too enthusiastic yet.
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:14 am

speedfiend wrote:
["could see production by the end of the month."]

I wouldn't get too enthusiastic yet.

1. Already 4.8 - 5g capacity, no rework needed
2. One's already out of the mold

I'm very optimistic Very happy
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 am

No reason to be either optimistic or pessimistic. When Safari announced the Safari the production date has been changed quite a few times before someone could get it. And even then the capacity wasn't what it was supposed to be.

Since IMS issued the 3.1 gal. tank and considering the cost of it, I guess the sell of Safari tanks went down quite a lot.

With the production of a near 5 gal. tank and at a price that is around the same as the Safari one, there won't be any reason for someone to buy a Safari. I guess that explains why there has been some disinformation for a few days on this subject.
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: I hope it's ready before summer!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:56 am

...Got several 1000-mile-plus trips in mind for the WR-R and a 200-mile-range tank would be a big plus!

Thanks again Shewolf for staying on top of this!

Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:23 am

300 miles by my calculations. Your mileage may vary.

Any idea what production rates would be? Could still take awhile to get one.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:09 am

speedfiend wrote:
300 miles by my calculations. Your mileage may vary.

Any idea what production rates would be? Could still take awhile to get one.
My throttle only has two positions. I'd be really pleased with anything over 200 miles on that tank. freaky

Thanks for the update, Shewolf!
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:28 pm

john92 wrote:
Damn, that sucker looks wide! I'm sure it won't be that bad once it's mounted on the bike.

To me it only seems to be a couple inches wider than the bike is now? I'm assuming it's tight to the rad on the inside, and then the wing is maybe what, 3-4" thick vs. 1/2" for the existing plastic?

Thanks for the update, I almost ordered a Safari!

I am curious about how the fuel is supposed to get out of the bottom of the wings...
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 pm

R_Lefebvre wrote:

I am curious about how the fuel is supposed to get out of the bottom of the wings...

They are providing a vacuum pump.

Last edited by skisauveur on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misquoted)
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:51 pm

this news is a tad too late for me cry
I'm picking up a 3.1 Friday that I ordered last week on the news that
there was to be no 4.5 GAHHHH

Tracy
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:03 pm

skisauveur wrote:
R_Lefebvre wrote:

Yep. Looks like there's one in that picture with the egg cartons. Looks like it may have the same goofy reserve problem as the Safari- isn't there an easy adjustment you can make on the fuel pump to correct that?
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Six8 wrote:
this news is a tad too late for me cry
I'm picking up a 3.1 Friday that I ordered last week on the news that
there was to be no 4.5 GAHHHH

Tracy

I would probably buy the 3.1 from you thumb who did you buy it from?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 pm

dysco wrote:
skisauveur wrote:
R_Lefebvre wrote:

Yep. Looks like there's one in that picture with the egg cartons. Looks like it may have the same goofy reserve problem as the Safari- isn't there an easy adjustment you can make on the fuel pump to correct that?

With the pump mounted in the tank and picking up fuel within the tank. There is no adjustments to be had. Now if the pump were external, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Since they could place fittings at the lowest points of the tank to feed the pump. If the internal pump had remote pickups, the inlets to the pickups could be placed in the lowest points also.
But the OEM does not address issues which might crop up by the aftermarket. Only the ones they need to address to produce a reliable product at a cost. These things could of course be reengineered. But the cost would probably be prohibative for us average smucks.

So lets address this one step at a time......
1. Does anyone here know of a injected bike which uses a remote fuel pump?
2. How large is it? (Do we have room to mount it?)
3. Will the pump integrate with our fuel management systems?
4. Does it provide a fuel pressure which will work for our system.

The fuel pump questions have all got to be answered before you move on to the simpler questions of physical fittings to the tank itself. ( Blocking the old pump mounting off and fittings at the lowest points to feed the remote pump.)
scratch

Anything can be reengineered. But is it worth the cost? Fuel pumps aren't cheap. And then the time involved to retrofit and work the kinks out. And often times the parts may be available, though not known to those doing the mods. So researching and trying different parts before you find accecptable parts is time and money consumming.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:17 pm

dc4stroke wrote:

With the pump mounted in the tank and picking up fuel within the tank. There is no adjustments to be had. Now if the pump were external, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Since they could place fittings at the lowest points of the tank to feed the pump. If the internal pump had remote pickups, the inlets to the pickups could be placed in the lowest points also.
It's not that complicated. There's a sensor on the fuel pump to determine the fuel level. In the safaris, it came on after a gallon was gone and stayed on through the last 2 in stock position. You can lower that sensor (I think) to a little closer down so it comes on closer to the last 1/3 tank or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next