Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Shoootr

Shoootr

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Wanta blue one   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:13 am

Is the "list" just for a special price? I mean it will be a regular production item won't it?
I want a Blue one but it will be a month or two before I will be able to order.
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: Placed my order yesterday...   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:04 am

...now the waiting begins.

Hopefully it'll be here for my 2K-ish miles Memorial Day trip!

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:21 am

David Haynes wrote:
...now the waiting begins.

Hopefully it'll be here for my 2K-ish miles Memorial Day trip!

Funny, I'm leaving that weekend for a trip of the same length and thought the same thing. If they're making them now, I would hope that they get here in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:43 am

I see my name on the list but I haven't paid. How does one do that?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:23 pm

If you want in on the deal price, PM me. As for the list, anyone highlighted in orange with a Very happy thumb next to their names are on the deal price, the others are going thru IMS.
Also, if you see your name on the main list, are on the group deal and don't have the icons next to your name, let me know and I'll update it. I've gone thru so many names that there is a possibility you are on the list and I overlooked marking you on it. Shog

JerseyDevil
MidContinentRider
Boondocker
Wxrdraginpegs
Captain Midnight
Mtntrails
WRRSam
2goose
Bahaharley
JoeDirt
Hitman
Leftystrat62
Skierd
OneTrackMind
Ushuiaorbust
RimBenty
FrankPeru
DWSmith
Fusil
Graham
Thinair
Huron52
Skisauveur

You are on for the tank, but not in for the group buy. If you are fine with that, no worries, if you want in on the group buy let me know via PM. Anyone on the group buy will receive a special bonus. thumb

This group buy will not go on for long so get your name in to qualify!!

Last edited by SheWolf on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi everyone. I just want to let you all know I am doing my very best to keep all the orders for the group buy through my little shop organized and all emails answered. I do not have internet at home however, and have more limited capabilities on my smartphone. So if the email you get back seems less personal and is a forwarded version that has someone elses name in it that is why. Just can't seem to figure out how to copy/paste text and a few other things while working from the Droid. I also cannot edit the google doc spreadsheet, so if you have emailed in or made payment since yesterday afternoon but the update is not showing on the spreadsheet that is why.
Back to top Go down
Eurastus

Eurastus

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 am

SheWolf,

PM sent for the group buy info...

Gimme' the scoop!
Back to top Go down
mhm2a

PostSubject: Groupie   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:11 am

Shewolf - Sent you a PM regarding group buy.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:27 am

Ok, I think I got it all down right now. Keep it coming guys, if I've missed you or you want in, PM me. Keep up the good work Rabbit! thumb If there's anything else I can do to make it easier for you, just let me know. freaky

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm in for a white one.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: IMS Tank   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm getting a WHITE one.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:31 pm

ramz wrote:
Quote :
The inline filter isn't a bad idea either.
I wonder how you change/clean the filter? Fish the fuel line out of the tank with a hook? It looks about long enough to allow you to get to the filter...

remove the fuel pump, reach your hand in and disconnect the hose at the 2ndary pump, then replace the filter.
you don't think all this plumbing is coming in from the top do you?
anyway, inline filters tend to last forever unless you get a load of sand in your tank from baja barrel gas or something like that.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: plumbing   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:52 pm

I am just hoping all that plumbing comes pre-installed in the tank.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:57 pm

bsheet2 wrote:

From what I understand that is a option #1.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Hu??   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:48 am

mordicai wrote:
bsheet2 wrote:

From what I understand that is a option #1.

In the words of the imortal Spoc, "Specify"?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am

Well guys, we have some interesting news, and a rather late, but even more interesting breakthrough. But first, the news on the tank. Chuck's writeup, for all to read and questions answered.

"We are not supplying a reshaped panel. The stock panel will bolt on un-modified, however is looks pretty strange. See pictures. The panel has a shape that doesn’t trim well but does look better then un-trimmed. We could provide a template of what we think is the best shape and go from there.

As for a relief baffle I would have to go with Yamaha and their pump manufacturer and not modify that spray/shower set up. I know there are a lot of bikes out there running a baffle, but we are not going to provide or even recommend the use of one. Our setup directs the outlet of the vacuum pump right at the EFI pump.

The tank pattern was made with a Force radiator guard installed and the finished tank does clear this guard. The only other guard we have tried is the Billet Proof. See pictures.

Each wing will hold ½ gallon before the gas reaches the pump so one full gallon could be left unused if the vacuum pump fails. (3.5 gallons above and 1 gallon below)"

Now, pics that came:

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Withou10

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Stock_10

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Stock_11

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Cut_v110

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Cut_v111

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Cut_v210

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Cut_v211

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Force110

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Force210

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Billet10

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Billet11

So...that being said, and shown...Chuck sent me another note regarding what we had hoped for in the beginning with this tank, but were told wasn't going to happen; the group buy thru IMS itself.

"We had a meeting today at IMS and the status of the WR 4.5 tank was brought up so I updated them on the project. It turns out that I got it all wrong about a group buy discount for the WRR forum members and my boss was very disappointed about the situation."

I was asked to call the GM at IMS this morning about the situation, so it seems that they are going ahead with a group buy. I just won't know the details until I make that call. scratch I'm guessing that once the initial list was seen, and the fact that 2/3 of the names on that list are at the private group deal, there was an 'OMFG eeek we fucked up!' response. I'm not sure what their group buy price is, but I'll post up once I talk to IMS' GM.lurk

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:35 am

I say IMS gives Geauga Power Sports a better cost on their IMS tanks for those who have signed up. I will probably stick with Matt since he is the little guy and he is working HARD to help us all out. IMS screwed up on this one, and make it right for the retailer that stepped up to help our group. If Matt could pass on the discount if IMS steps up to give him a lower cost, then even better.

John

SheWolf wrote:

So...that being said, and shown...Chuck sent me another note regarding what we had hoped for in the beginning with this tank, but were told wasn't going to happen; the group buy thru IMS itself.

"We had a meeting today at IMS and the status of the WR 4.5 tank was brought up so I updated them on the project. It turns out that I got it all wrong about a group buy discount for the WRR forum members and my boss was very disappointed about the situation."

I was asked to call the GM at IMS this morning about the situation, so it seems that they are going ahead with a group buy. I just won't know the details until I make that call. scratch I'm guessing that once the initial list was seen, and the fact that 2/3 of the names on that list are at the private group deal, there was an 'OMFG eeek we fucked up!' response. I'm not sure what their group buy price is, but I'll post up once I talk to IMS' GM.lurk
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Matt   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:40 am

+1
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:48 am

+ 2!
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:02 am

+3
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Guys I will do the best I can on this, but with this news I could be in a real tough spot. I have been a loyal IMS customer for years since I got into dual sports, and IMS has been our go to brand since we opened GPS last spring. But we have never dealt directly with them until now, as every other product has been readily available through our distributors. The only reasons we signed up directly with IMS for these was to get them out to you as fast as possible, and also I was told these would not be available through a distributor, IMS direct only. So to them we have no history, and some times little guys like us get caught in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:52 pm

OK, now it was my turn to get a call from Chris at IMS. Short version is, this situation never should have happened, and happened due to some internal miscommunication. But Chris and the owner want to make it right and make sure neither I nor any of my customers get the short end of the stick. I gotta say it speaks volumes in this day for a company holding all the cards to make it right, it would have been real easy for them to tell me they weren't going to sell GPS any tanks. So, here's the scoop, if you have already paid me, we are good to go, if you have not paid me, please call IMS. They are going to offer a special price for forum members, and it's a pretty good deal. For those who already bought through me I will be kicking in something extra on all your orders as well.

To top off my day the power is out at the shop.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:30 pm

GAHHHH Matt, you're doing a helluva job there, big guy. It's not easy flying by the seat of your pants when you deal with volumes like this. Kudos to you for stepping up and offering the deal you have going. thumb cheers freaky

Now, for the updated IMS news others have been waiting on...

Ok...I talked to Chris from IMS, and as of now, IMS will be supplying the 4.5 tank at $359.95 shipped. Yes, this price includes the shipping, lower 48 states ONLY. For international orders, they are going to do a $20 off shipping as they would normally ship it.. The deal will go thru till the end of July, so there's plenty of time to get in on this if you haven't already. Also, there is a new thing brewing on the horizon for this tank as well. Just can't say what it is yet, because it's in the inception phase but it does sound really exciting. Once I know more, I'll post up. thumb

Last edited by SheWolf on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 pm

IMS will be supplying the 4.5 tank at $359 shipped

GAHHHH

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:39 pm

My bad, I forgot to put the .95 at the end... Shog Yeah, that's the deal of the week. Others have already contacted them earlier beforehand and were guaranteed that price as of now.

Last edited by SheWolf on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 19 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next