Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
speedfiend

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Hey mord, I'll drop a M-80 into my old steel tank to expand it some and it'll be yours for shipping cost. thumb
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: rabbit's list   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:52 pm

I should be getting mine through Rabbit. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:30 pm

titanpilot wrote:
I want to see what a black IMS tank looks like when its installed. Has any one posted pitures yet?

Thanks

I'll get mine on and post pictures tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:35 pm

speedfiend wrote:
Hey mord, I'll drop a M-80 into my old steel tank to expand it some and it'll be yours for shipping cost. thumb
Hey, why didn't I think of that.......keep your tank...just send me an M80. I'll pay the shipping.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:37 pm

I what to see a White one! I'm putting gas in twice a day. At this rate I'm going to wear out my credit card.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:33 pm

mordicai wrote:
I what to see a White one! I'm putting gas in twice a day. At this rate I'm going to wear out my credit card.

have the white ones been made?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Well...if they have the naturals and the blacks, one would think they've done up some white's too. Don't quote me on that tho. Very happy

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:48 pm

I'd like to see a white one also since that's what I originally wanted. Although I'm happy I went with the natural. Seeing how much gas I have is turning out to be a huge benefit. But I'm still curious to see what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:36 pm

I also got word that the white tanks are begining to ship.
Back to top Go down
yaw

PostSubject: just ordered a white one   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:09 pm

IMS said it ship arrive next week! Thanks SheWolf for all the work.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Anyone else have sharp little lumps around the signal divots?
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Shewolf,
I called Jack at IMS today. He wants $360 plus $30 bucks for tax (this is the price with me picking it up at IMS) . Is there any way for me to get around the tax? I hate to be cheap but I also hate to spend more than I need to.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:58 pm

speedfiend wrote:
Anyone else have sharp little lumps around the signal divots?

Mine does not.

I'm having a bear of a time getting the bolt holes on the seat to line up with the threads in the fender. Anyone else have this problem? Bend as I might, and push as I will, I can't get it close enough to thread.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:38 pm

kjharn wrote:

I'm having a bear of a time getting the bolt holes on the seat to line up with the threads in the fender. Anyone else have this problem? Bend as I might, and push as I will, I can't get it close enough to thread.

I had a helluva time getting the seat installed also. I had to cut out a little bit in the front slot of the seat pan to get it forward enough so I could get the seat bolts in.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:47 pm

I just barely muscled mine into line. You might need to enlarge your through-holes with a dremel or die grinder.
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:23 pm

In my case it was not where the hole was in the front center of the seat that was limiting it, it was the front bottom of the seat resting against the larger tank. I wound up grinding the holes in the rear subframe into ovals.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:34 pm

toast wrote:
In my case it was not where the hole was in the front center of the seat that was limiting it, it was the front bottom of the seat resting against the larger tank. I wound up grinding the holes in the rear subframe into ovals.
Could you have ground a bit of the front seat pan away so that it would have moved forward a bit?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:42 pm

dirtnadvil wrote:
Shewolf,
I called Jack at IMS today. He wants $360 plus $30 bucks for tax (this is the price with me picking it up at IMS) . Is there any way for me to get around the tax? I hate to be cheap but I also hate to spend more than I need to.

Hmmm...that's an interesting one. One would think that at the '$359.95 shipped' price that would include the tax. Suspect Did you call him back and ask about that? It's a bit deceiving.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:10 pm

[quote="SheWolf"]
dirtnadvil wrote:
Shewolf,

Hmmm...that's an interesting one. One would think that at the '$359.95 shipped' price that would include the tax. Suspect Did you call him back and ask about that? It's a bit deceiving.[/quot

I would think that anything IMS sends to a California address, they have to collect tax on.
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:12 pm

No I didn't ask, I didn't want to sound cheap! LOL. This deal didn't quite work out for me. I will buy one at a later date.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I had a bit of the same problem getting the seat on. Don't be afraid to push that tank forward.. i got one bolt lined up, then pushed the tank hard to get the other one (the rear tank bolts). I torqued them down while pushing the tank forward.
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:48 am

mordicai wrote:
toast wrote:
Could you have ground a bit of the front seat pan away so that it would have moved forward a bit?

It hits on the side rails - can't grind them down without removing the seat cover. It was easier to just open up the seat holes a little.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:34 am

Gotcha..thanks
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:41 am

Has anyone that ordered directly from IMS received their tank yet or at least had their tank ship? I was on Matt's list but hadn't paid when that group buy was halted, so I called IMS and ordered directly on April 27. I haven't heard a peep since then. I know the original group buy tank orders were being fulfilled first, but seems like a lot of tanks have been made and shipped so just curious if any tanks ordered directly from IMS have shipped.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:07 am

Chadx wrote:
Has anyone that ordered directly from IMS received their tank yet or at least had their tank ship? I was on Matt's list but hadn't paid when that group buy was halted, so I called IMS and ordered directly on April 27. I haven't heard a peep since then. I know the original group buy tank orders were being fulfilled first, but seems like a lot of tanks have been made and shipped so just curious if any tanks ordered directly from IMS have shipped.

I got mine directly from IMS.. but it was a natural, which i guess was one of the first made, & it was to a sophisticated civilized destination in Az, not some hillbilly location in the backwoods seldom frequented by revenuer's or other govt. employees.

Also, since IMS is in California, i presume that is why Californians would have to pay sales tax.. one of the drawbacks to living in that sophisticated civilized paradise.
scotty

disclaimer: I am just razzing Chad.. i am not being serious. I am seldom serious, anyway, & hardly ever on these forums. I think Montana is a wonderful place & i always like it when i visit. I know the post office & ups are there, & they operate in a courteous & professional manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 25 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next