Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Target price point yet, SheWolf? Yes, I know... a die-hard Safari guy is drooling over those BEEFY wangs hanging off the side. dunno
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Wow, those are fat wings! eeek
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:55 am

njbill wrote:
Wow, those are fat wings! eeek

Be nice... :)
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:50 pm

looks like another secondary pump will have to be utilized?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:27 pm

So far no. No projected release date, and nothing yet on pricing. I'll post as soon as I know more. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 61865

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:10 am

I don't like the shape. Bring the wings down and back farther over the motor. More capacity, and keep the weight low. Don't try to keep the look of the original wings, they didn't look that good to start with. Give it more of a Dakar look.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: soon, precious   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 am

A valid opinion and one that has been raised before as a concern. Let's just wait and see on this one - it has been a while in the waiting and these things usually look better 'in the flesh' anyway.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 am

What ever it looks like I'd like to see it soon. dddog Our riding season is pretty much year round here and I need the capacity. Does anyone know of a used Safari? Very happy :
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:45 am

Not that IMS can do anything about this but our VAT (tax) rate in the UK goes up in January from 17.5 to 20% Still not the difference between a safari and an IMS but it's just another example of how much I'm not liking waiting for a new tank...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:15 pm

More pics!! IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 525406
IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 Wr4_5_15

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 Wr4_5_16

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 Wr4_5_17

Tank is sealed and ready for the casting. Chuck said that the capacity could very easily be 5 gallons when all is said and done; the wings are indeed fatter but it's to accommodate the extra fuel, the tank isn't as wide as the riders legs in the front when sitting on the bike, and it offers awesome protection. Still feel that they can use one fuel pump still, and pricing is being bounced around right now. When I know more, I'll post up. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 61865

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Not sure if anyone has noticed my posts on fuel pumps but can I ask anyone who intends to get an IMS 4.5 , a new fuel pump and a paypal account to please let me know.
I have a cunning plan that you may just be able to help me with thumb
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

edteamslr wrote:
Baldrick? poser2
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Any idea what these are for???

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 TankQues
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Looks good. Now that I've caught up on finances and have begun spending money on the WR. I may have to look at one of these when they are released. I just mounted new tires (D606), ordered my skidplate (Flatland). Still on the fence on pipe and programmer. Too many choices . I'll probably get a Corbin saddle before the pipe. My next purchase will be a radiator guard (Bullet Proof). Then a set of pivot pegs. No doubt a pipe would be nice. But this bike makes good power stock. And the cost per horsepower is high for what little you gain on the WRs.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:44 pm

RimBenty wrote:
Any idea what these are for???

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 TankQues

The arrow on the right points to the radiator exhaust vent. My WAG on the left arrow is a sleeve for the fuel lines to pass through.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 am

Yeah I'm not sure about the cutout at the back of the tank; I'm thinking it has something to do with fuel as well. The hole is definitely a vent. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 61865

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 am

deerHater wrote:
edteamslr wrote:
Baldrick? poser2

Very good! Classic TV
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:19 am

I think it looks much better than the Safari tank.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:02 am

+10 IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Pics of the tank look great. This is exactly what I have been waiting for esp. if the 5 gal estimate is close. Much more useful to me than the 3.6 Safari.. Glad to see this project moving along.

Ethan
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Price/delivery dates? I want his tank now.
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 pm

joenuclear wrote:

X 2 deal
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:14 am

Sorry guys, I don't have anything as of yet...when I do I'll get it on right away. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 29721

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 am

joenuclear wrote:

Now calm down Joe. We've waited this long. It'll be ok. Have a beer and kick back. But if you get yours before me. I wanna stop in and look at it. It'll be march probably before I get one. And since the shape follows the stocker, I'll want to do some graphics at the same time.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:54 am

dc4stroke wrote:
joenuclear wrote:

Now calm down Joe. We've waited this long. It'll be ok. Have a beer and kick back. But if you get yours before me. I wanna stop in and look at it. It'll be march probably before I get one. And since the shape follows the stocker, I'll want to do some graphics at the same time.

Calm down? I'll show you _&^%() CALM DOWN! Oh, wait a second....... Ahhhhhhh the beer kicked in. Very happy

You're probably right. Let someone else be the early adopters and deal with the fitment issues. amazon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 4 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next