Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Advice on first dual sport

Go down 
+16
Captain Midnight
hamish54
taoshum
X-Racer
asheville thumper
Mr.Metal
TheBIGD
wjfawb0
RT3856
njbill
ZED
dtx
spidersoup
phroenips
yellowredlight
riata
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on first dual sport   Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:35 pm

I HAVE to ride at least 35 miles of pavement to get to any good dirt around here. On the way home, it's usually 60 - 70 miles of 70mph highway. Honestly? The WRR takes it like a champ. Sure, I don't have the passing speed of a real road bike, but I also just got out of the woods where I was ripping up some trails. I don't mind getting blown around a bit, doesn't phase me at all. I would say the WRR is happiest between 60 and 65, but it can do 70, 75, and even 80 if needed. Come on guys, this is as perfect of a dual sport as you can get. Stop your bitching. Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 724854
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Advice on first dual sport   Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
....Come on guys, this is as perfect of a dual sport as you can get. ....

poser2
perfect dual-sport --- that's like saying something is "extremely medium"
poser2

Don't get me wrong, I love dual sport bikes (both of mine are great)! They can do everything, but they don't do anything to an exceptional level!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Advice on first dual sport   Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:18 pm

I'm glad you found my post amusing, unfortunately you have failed to grasp what I was trying to say.

Let me try again.

If you were to make the WRR more highway worthy, people would bitch about it not being that good in the woods. If you made it better in the woods, people would bitch even more about it not being that good on the highway. I think Yamaha found a really, really good balance, far better than any other bike currently out there.

Perfection can be found in balance. Now try to digest that.

KLRchickie wrote:

poser2
perfect dual-sport --- that's like saying something is "extremely medium"
poser2

Don't get me wrong, I love dual sport bikes (both of mine are great)! They can do everything, but they don't do anything to an exceptional level!
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Advice on first dual sport   Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Rolling Eyes Lighten up Francis....Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 Pokestick

Just because I found your choice of words humorous does not mean I didn't get your point.

I enjoy my pair of dual sports & I agree that the WR is a great little bike for both trails & pavement. I will choose the KLR to go over the mountains on the highway on though. If perfection actually existed, I might own less bikes.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Advice on first dual sport   Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:26 am

KLRchickie wrote:
If perfection actually existed, I might own less bikes.
Truer words...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on first dual sport   Advice on first dual sport - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on first dual sport
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2