Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

adj odometer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
inspector

inspector

adj odometer Empty
PostSubject: adj odometer   adj odometer EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:41 pm

info on adjusting odometer. Trying to teach myself how to use a roll chart with our odometer. Can't remember were I read about changing it. I think it was in the owners manual? Do I have one of those?

Last edited by inspector on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

adj odometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: adj odometer   adj odometer EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:05 pm

hmmm... Without testing it. I think I understand and it's not as helpful as I had hoped.

After each stop I can adjust my mileage by 10ths to correctly read the total that is on my roll chart. If I get lost, this does not help. The more distance between stops the more my OD will be off and the more chance I have of missing a turn and I can't correct for that until I find the correct stop the correlates to my roll chart.

I guess it's better then being off accumulate every stop, but it would just be easier to have an accurate OD and not worry about it, like using a speedhealer or like.

*found my handbook adj odometer 93746

Anyway, I made my own chart (minus the roll I haven't bought yet) and wanted to try it out tomorrow on a ride I have planned.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

adj odometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: adj odometer   adj odometer EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:08 pm

My little test run today worked pretty good. Worked way better then I thought it would. wootwoot.
adj odometer DSCF1380

The pictures were after I got home and was washing the bike. Forgot to get picture. Definitely has a few flaws but using the Adj. OD instead of a regular OD works better.
adj odometer DSCF1379
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

adj odometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: adj odometer   adj odometer Empty

Back to top Go down

adj odometer
Page 1 of 1