Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hi from Colorado!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hi from Colorado!   Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Colorado!    Hi from Colorado!   EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:04 pm

I just finished the rite of passage known as "reading the Monster Thread". Hi from Colorado!   525406 It took me a couple of months and was quite the epic read! Hi from Colorado!   640571

So naturally, with a screen name like Artoo (R2), I'm probably hooked.

30" inseam and kinda' weak (excuses, etc Hi from Colorado!   342500 Hi from Colorado!   729626 ), so I'll probably have to either find a WRR that's lowered or lower one. I was first considering a WRX for the lower stature and try using knobbies on both ends. I've read quite a few good postings on that, but found the tire selection too limited - IMHO only, of course.

It would be sooo nice to have a bike I could pick up when I drop it! Well, the other various benefits would be nice, too!

I may start actively looking to get a WRR next month or maybe in the off season. No sense rushing it. But that could get accelerated if "The Tank" crushes me into the ground again any time soon! Hi from Colorado!   9356 I have a couple of other "vehicle situations" to deal with first, too.

Well, many thanks to all for this website and also thanks to those heroes here who contributed so selflessly to "The Monster Thread"! Hi from Colorado!   61865

I've saved a huge folder of links and articles from both!

Have fun and ride safe!

Artoo !!

Hi from Colorado!   942737
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Colorado!    Hi from Colorado!   EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Welcome to the pack! Hi from Colorado!   61865 It's an insanely fun little bike, and you can do a lot of things with it. I had to really lower mine tho...37 inch seat was pretty trippy to try to stop at lights when you can't touch the ground. Hi from Colorado!   640571

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Colorado!    Hi from Colorado!   EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:28 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Welcome to the pack! Hi from Colorado!   61865 It's an insanely fun little bike, and you can do a lot of things with it. I had to really lower mine tho...37 inch seat was pretty trippy to try to stop at lights when you can't touch the ground. Hi from Colorado!   640571

Hi, SheWolf! And thanks very much for the welcome!

Yeah, I figure I've got my work cut out for me to get it low enough. I've saved links to several thread posts by YOU Hi from Colorado!   61865 to get some ideas of how to lower it and how far down it can go. Likewise, I carefully watched Bonnie Abbzug & Hayduke and their suspension mods for similar reasons.

I might take it to the same suspension shop where Bonnie and Duke went since it's not terribly far away.

Back problems make it so I really don't want to be sliding off the seat all twisted outta' shape at stops...

FWIW, I've really learned some things from you all... but I also found some great humor in your posts. Thanks for bein' a big part of it!

Artoo
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Colorado!    Hi from Colorado!   EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:38 pm

If I can help out a fellow rider, it's all good. Hi from Colorado!   61865

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Colorado!    Hi from Colorado!   EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Welcome, Hi!

*I guess you bought one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Colorado!    Hi from Colorado!   EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:02 pm

inspector wrote:
Welcome, Hi!

*I guess you bought one!

Inspector, thanks for the welcome! Hi from Colorado!   61865 Yep, I certainly bought one!

As soon as the title passes muster, it's time to put some mods into it!

Link regarding the bike:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/wrr-x-pictures-f4/artoo-s-wrx-on-a-bumper-rack-yagottabekiddinme-t2784.htm

Talk to ya',

Artoo
"am not"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Colorado!    Hi from Colorado!   Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Colorado!
Page 1 of 1