Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Low sided the X today

Go down 
+3
Tammy
rydnseek
motokid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Low sided the X today Empty
PostSubject: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:02 pm

I was working low speed tight circles in a parking lot. Second gear - nothing faster than 20mph or so. My boot was skimming the pavement. It's amazing how low these X's can go. Low sided the X today 204616

Until...

Not sure if I hit the painted parking lines just right or what but - BLAM Low sided the X today 342500
I was sliding. My X was sliding. On the gear shifter side... Low sided the X today 640571

I jumped up. I was fine. I had full leathers on despite the insanely hot weather.

I got to my baby just as the bike shut off thanks to the lean-angle sensor.

I was expecting bad things. Low sided the X today 29721

I lifted the X up and set her on the side stand.

Not a fucking scratch on any plastic to be found. The foot peg and barkbuster took the hit.
Remember, I was not going fast at all.

I love SUMO's. A sportbike in the same slide would have had roadrash all over it.

My X fired right up and off I road. A little Low sided the X today 986936 but none the worse for wear.

Happy Saturday y'all!!!! I think it's about time for Happy Hour here. Low sided the X today 500735

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 pm

glad both you & bike are ok! I too am amazed at how little damage is done with the many drops i've had.. the barkbusters catch most of the hit, & footpegs next.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanks. We're both doing fine. Riding to work tomorrow.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 pm

I high sided my r today going into a turn too hot. Leg first into a tree. The race ended real fast for me...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Low sided the X today 640571 Ow.... jeez this weekend's been rough on riders!

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:46 am

Tammy wrote:
I high sided my r today going into a turn too hot. Leg first into a tree. The race ended real fast for me...

Ouch....you okay?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 am

This was before my low-side parking lot adventure...

Low sided the X today Offroad

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 pm

I'll be good to go in a week, just sucked to be out after a mile tho.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey motokid, you low-sided after we rode Saturday? Well, I'm glad you and the X are okay, and I'm glad it happened in a parking lot and not during our ride [img]/users/2514/21/58/60/smiles/61865.gif[/img] That's a cool pic Banning got of you. Mine was OK...

[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/15/46/71/64/7-24_214.jpg[/img]
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Yep...on my way home I hit a local vacant parking lot.
I figured since I was already totally leathered up I'd get in some serious lean practice in a "safe" environment.

All's good...

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mr_mike

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:52 am

i highsided mine last thursday night, very very stupidly came into a corner to quick on cold tyres, almost scraping peg the back end has kicked out before flicking the other way and catupulting me down the road.
I have a strained shoulder, scraped up teknic jacket (this saved my shoulder from serious damage), destroyed Fox V2 helmet.
Bike got broken rear indicator, scratched front indicator, scraped down pillion pegs, bent RHS peg, scratched rad fairing, scratched headlight fairing, scratched front fender, bent brake lever, 2 broken bar end mirrors, scratched front brake resevoir cover, scratched throttle housing, and a bent barmount. Suprisingly my 2 day old TAG bars havent bent at all.

crashing sux
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:23 am

Thank gods for gear! Speedy recovery Mike; if you're needing parts maybe the crew can help out with some here.

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 am

thanks for the offer but i have everythin sorted now, finally got round to (ie :forced) to fit the LED indicators and electronic flasher i had in the garage for last 3 months.
Also found a website bikebandit.com that had all the OEM parts i need in stock and fast shipping.
Thankfully the Aussie $ is pretty good to the US $ at the mo so that saved me a heap of cash, and i can buy stuff just as quick from the US as it takes for me to go into local bike shop and have them order from the east coast but its 2/3 cheaper.
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm working up the nerve to do some low speed peg scraping. I'm trying to wait until I feel I know this bike intimately before I scrape peg, do wheelies (real wheelies, not off-the-line, oh-shit wheelies).

I have the handguards (I guess that's what you guys are calling bark busters) and three sets of sliders (front, back and frame), removed turn signals and rear fender, and full race gear.

Guess I'm 'bout ready to find out if I still have a pair or if I've gotten older and wiser. Low sided the X today 29721

I'd really like to find some passenger peg sliders that aren't as expensive as these:

http://www.50stunt.com/SUPERMOTO_STUNT_PEGS_50STUNT_p/smst-0101.htm

Low sided the X today Stunt_pegs_sxv_wrx
Low sided the X today Wr250x-stunt-pegs
Low sided the X today Img_4376
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:42 pm

There's a set of those for sale on SMJ Low sided the X today 619190 NO, they are not mine!

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?p=1121192#post1121192
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah. 'ppreciate it.

But he wants $200 shipped when they're only $230 (+ shipping) brand new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low sided the X today   Low sided the X today Empty

Back to top Go down

Low sided the X today
Page 1 of 1