Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Got 63.3 MPG today

Go down 
+2
motokid
DPete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DPete

DPete

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:04 pm

On a 134 mile ride, mostly pavement, some gravel not high speed. What are you guys getting?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 am

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:32 pm

60 is about my normal. A lot depends on how I use it. Dead into a 20mph wind at 60, it tends to drop off a bit. 65 is about typical for general use.
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:39 pm

DPete wrote:
On a 134 mile ride, mostly pavement, some gravel not high speed. What are you guys getting?
Are you using ODO miles, or real miles, to figure out your MPG?  If using ODO miles, chances are your MPG figures are highly optimistic.

My own WR, using real not ODO reported mileage:
Off road with lots of sand: 50mpg
Off road with lots of fire roads: 60mpg
Street: 55-65 depending on cruising around/freeway/canyon carving.
Overall to date: 58mpg
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 am

rvsixer wrote:
DPete wrote:
Are you using ODO miles, or real miles, to figure out your MPG?  If using ODO miles, chances are your MPG figures are highly optimistic.

My own WR, using real not ODO reported mileage:
Off road with lots of sand: 50mpg
Off road with lots of fire roads: 60mpg
Street: 55-65 depending on cruising around/freeway/canyon carving.
Overall to date: 58mpg
Used odo, only thing I have. Looks like you got about the same so it can't be that far off, good enough for me anyway. Was riding easy as bike was still breaking in.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 am

During break in at Big Bend NP in Feb of 2010 on a completely stock '08 R2 I saw as high as 90 mpg. Mostly 75 mpg. I was riding two track at a very consistent 35-40 mph in 5th and 6th and had altitude of 1800 to 7000' helping out. Now with the Athena Big Bore and supplied GPa with K&N and stock air box and exhaust on dual sport on off rides it's easily 60 mpg. Can't have much more fun than a 150 mile, 7 hr dual sport ride for less than three gallons of high test even when it was $4.999 per gallon in the great north woods of Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:14 pm

I get about 30 or less. But I do 99% off road, hard riding, with bigger sprocket and knobbies. Mileage measured via GPS...
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:35 pm

DPete wrote:
Used odo, only thing I have. Looks like you got about the same so it can't be that far off, good enough for me anyway. Was riding easy as bike was still breaking in.
WR stock speedo and odometer are notoriously inaccurate, and to make things worse both are off by different amounts (thank you Yamaha).  My speedo is off by 13% (too fast), odo by 6% (too far).  My guess is your 63mpg is more like 57mpg.  Right on average (http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/yamaha/wr250r) thumb  .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got 63.3 MPG today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got 63.3 MPG today   Got 63.3 MPG today Empty

Back to top Go down

Got 63.3 MPG today
Page 1 of 1