Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chofilena

easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper Empty
PostSubject: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:11 am

Does anybody know if its possible to mount the scotts steering dumper using the easton woods handle bar and mounting?
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Yes it is   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 am

chofilena wrote:
Does anybody know if its possible to mount the scotts steering dumper using the easton woods handle bar and mounting?

I have the under bar mount and the Scotts dampener will work with both stock and fat bars. You need reducers for the stock bars.

easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper DSC02688
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:49 pm

10Cup wrote:
chofilena wrote:

I have the under bar mount and the Scotts dampener will work with both stock and fat bars. You need reducers for the stock bars.

easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper DSC02688
I know what you mean, but i want to retain my handle bar and i think i will run out of throttle cables if i put risers with the woods handle bar. And i don't even think they have one for that extra fat bar.
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:20 pm

If you have the 1 3/8" Eastons, they will not work with any of the stabilizer kits. If you have the 1 1/8" Easton bars, you should be good with either kit. Not sure on the woods bars, but if you are worried about running out of cables, get the mount that mounts over the bars.

I have the sub-mount, like above, with bars close to the stock bend, and the cables are pretty much maxed out. So if the woods bars are much higher than the stock bend, don't get the sub-mount.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 pm

YamX1KRR wrote:
If you have the 1 3/8" Eastons, they will not work with any of the stabilizer kits. If you have the 1 1/8" Easton bars, you should be good with either kit. Not sure on the woods bars, but if you are worried about running out of cables, get the mount that mounts over the bars.

I have the sub-mount, like above, with bars close to the stock bend, and the cables are pretty much maxed out. So if the woods bars are much higher than the stock bend, don't get the sub-mount.
I have the 1 3/8 bar now thats my problem. Been emailing scotts but they don't answer back. I guess will just have to wait until scotts decides on making something for the 1 3/8 bars. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:05 pm

I bought the 1 3/8 bars, and the day I got them in the mail, I received the email from Scotts saying the stabilizer is ready. I never mounted the bars, sold them and bought some 1 1/8 bars. I wouldn't wait for Scotts to make something for 1 3/8 bars, likely not gonna happen, they aren't that common.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:18 pm

YamX1KRR wrote:
I bought the 1 3/8 bars, and the day I got them in the mail, I received the email from Scotts saying the stabilizer is ready. I never mounted the bars, sold them and bought some 1 1/8 bars. I wouldn't wait for Scotts to make something for 1 3/8 bars, likely not gonna happen, they aren't that common.

That is bad news. But is the stabilizer really worth it? Never tried one, but it has good feedbacks from magazines. I was so excited getting this handle bars and it might turn out that i might be selling them also. I emailed WER and told me its available but we need to change the headlight to acerbis led as recommended.
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 pm

chofilena wrote:
I emailed WER and told me its available but we need to change the headlight to acerbis led as recommended.

That could be another route, do they have one ready for the WR250R/X? Consider price if not, in addition to the new headlight they want. I would just sell the bars, or better yet, if you can still return them.

I love steering dampers, some don't. Search the site, there was a thread where this was being debated. For me, I like them for riding through rough terrain or sand, and for preventing helping with tank slappers.

Edit: Here's that thread, you can see the arguments for both sides, and make your own decision.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/scotts-steering-stabilizer-t2561.htm
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:11 pm

[quote="YamX1KRR"]
chofilena wrote:
I emailed WER and told me its available but we need to change the headlight to acerbis led as recommended.

That could be another route, do they have one ready for the WR250R/X? Consider price if not, in addition to the new headlight they want. I would just sell the bars, or better yet, if you can still return them.

I love steering dampers, some don't. Search the site, there was a thread where this was being debated. For me, I like them for riding through rough terrain or sand, and for preventing helping with tank slappers.

Edit: Here's that thread, you can see the arguments for both sides, and make your own decision.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/scotts-steering-stabilizer-t2561.htm[/quote

Impossible for me to return it, shipping from the Philippines to the US will cost me half my handle bar. Thanks for the info, read the forum but i think the dumpers is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper   easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper Empty

Back to top Go down

easton woods handle bar and mounting plus scotts dumper
Page 1 of 1