Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yet another Seat option?

Go down 
+14
john92
Kalani Prince
Berwyn Henderson
Captain Midnight
skierd
greer
YamX1KRR
HAPPYSILLYFACE
GsVs
clint
PYG RYDR
bikepsych
Jäger
Crawdaddy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Empty
PostSubject: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:08 am

There's a new company just up the fwy from me that's now making seats for the WR250R......"Seat Concepts" -

Seat Concepts website link:

http://www.seatconcepts.com/index.php?p=1_21_Dual-Sport
Significantly lower in price than Corbin/Renazco/XPC.......picking it up tomorrow for ~250 mile "demo" this weekend in Mammoth Lakes Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Clap .......Robert sent me the below pic earlier this evening.........looks good.......flatter/wider........quality?........we shall see Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Mwink Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Icon10 ........

Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Seatconcepts
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:26 am

Waiting to hear your impressions with interest.

A week of long miles on the stock seat is an implement of torture.
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 am

Would be interesting to hear a long distance report to see if it can match the Corbin. I'd be interested on an alternate to the Corbin.

BG
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 am

Looks real nice.

Wonder if it is wider? And how much?

Do you have to install foam and cover yourself?
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:24 am

gediehl4 wrote:
Looks real nice.

Wonder if it is wider? And how much?

Do you have to install foam and cover yourself?

Looks like I will be getting a new seat! Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? 379944 Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? 379944 Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? 379944

Here is the response to my questions:

Galen,
Yes the seat is wider. You can send us your pan or complete seat and we install the new foam and cover for $20 extra or you can have a local shop intall it. If you have access to a air stapler and a little time you can install yourself. The lead time is typically 1 day for us to install.
Thanks, Robert
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Is it just me or does that cover material look more like cloth than a heavy vinyl? Not making a statement either way...just making an observation.

Maybe I need new glasses or something...
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: top   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm

The top in the picture is a Gripper vinyl ...

The covers are available in different materials ...

See the DRZ 400 page on their web site

http://seatconcepts.com/index.php?p=1_22
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:18 am

Jäger wrote:
Waiting to hear your impressions with interest.

A week of long miles on the stock seat is an implement of torture.

Just back from ~420 mile ride in mtns.....ass is NOT sore Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Lol8 Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Lol8

I like it......I'll write up more later (it's late)......

Here's a pic of the stock seat next to the Seat Concepts seat:

Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Seats

And a teaser pic of two WR250R's in the Mammoth Lakes area of CA. this weekend (Jim has the SDG seat on his bike):

Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Picture050

Link to trip report on SDAR: http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8248-mammoth-lakes-weekend/
Back to top Go down
HAPPYSILLYFACE

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:52 am

It looks great but is the seat waterproof? I ask because years ago I had a seat recovered and the seams allowed water to seep in which you only noticed later after it soaked your pants.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:24 pm

Ok, review of Seat Concepts seat

As you can see from the pic, it's wider/flatter than stock......this translates to greater comfort on the slightly denser/2 layer foam.......you sink in a tad at first but then it firms up.......and when you're not riding hard you just slide yourself back a ways on the wider part of the seat to relax your buns......I just covered 400+ miles and no monkey butt......that pretty much says it all.......

I haven't tested any other seats so I have nothing but stock to compare against it.......I will note that I've owned a few Corbins on various road bikes and they're HEAVY.......the girl bike already weighs enough, not looking to add weight........I've also owned Renazco seats and they're GREAT......but I wasn't interested in a 4 month wait and another ~$350+.......XPC is in the same bracket......they look like really nice seats, but I can't justify ~$350 for a seat using my pan.....

Robert/Lendon are good folks and fellow riders......a good product at a reasonable price.......you can order the foam/seat for ~$160 and staple it on your pan or send them your pan and add $20 for them to attach it for you.......

I have no vested interest in this new outfit......just throwing out my $.02......please visit their website for details on pricing, etc. in case I misquoted something....

http://seatconcepts.com/

Pic of bike/seat taken on Joaquin Ridge just outside of Mammoth Lakes this past weekend.......nice views at 10,200'.....Minerets in the distance

Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Picture106

No idea if it's waterproof......probably a good idea to treat the seams......
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Crawdaddy wrote:
I haven't tested any other seats so I have nothing but stock to compare against it.......I will note that I've owned a few Corbins on various road bikes and they're HEAVY.......the girl bike already weighs enough, not looking to add weight........I've also owned Renazco seats and they're GREAT......but I wasn't interested in a 4 month wait and another ~$350+.......XPC is in the same bracket......they look like really nice seats, but I can't justify ~$350 for a seat using my pan.....

I was going to ask you if you tried any others, but this is a pretty good comparison without having tried any of the other seats.

I am curious about the waterproofing as well, I guess if it was signicantly bad, you would have known. Did your's sit out in rain, or have any signicant water splashed on to know one way or the other?

Great write up and pics, must have been a nice ride, I will have to check out your ride report.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Two Thumbs Up !   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 pm

I've had my Seat Concepts foam and cover for about 10 days now .... Haven't got a chance for a long ride - but I can tell from the rides that I've been on that "It is a keeper". thumb ""Two Thumbs Up"" thumb

Quality and workmanship of both the Foam and Cover are first-rate. I had never attached a motorcycle seat cover before - but it wasn't hard at all.

Communication with Seat Concepts is first rate also as they answer emails quickly and clearly.

One thing to keep in mind is that they have THREE different foam density's to choice from - below is a quote from their WEB site

""Is there different density foams available?
Yes, our standard seat works well with a weight range of 160-240lbs. If you are below, near the lower range, near the upper end or above the weight range you can contact us for more info on a different density for better comfort.
Also some people prefer a firm or soft so if you have any questions contact us so we can help. Please allow 2-3 extra days on custom orders.""

Below are some pictures of the Seat Concepts WR250R foam & cover on my WR. As you can see it looks GREAT ! cheers
++++++
Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? IMG_2518-R
= = = =
Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? IMG_2531-R
= = = =
Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? IMG_2530-R
= = = =
Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? IMG_2522-R
= = = =
Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? IMG_2506-R
= = = =

Just for another reference - below is what a DRZ400 rider thought of his Seat Concepts conversion.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13849537&postcount=6630

and a DR650 review:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13759735&postcount=38408

As TrophyHunter notes in his DR650 review -- The Center Gripper section is quite "grippy" .... if you like grippy seats it would work great -- if not contact them as different covers are available
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:27 am

Thanks again for that note on seat covers, I decided to skip the gripper section and have the top same as the sides. Can't wait!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm really liking the looks of this, might be how I replace my seat.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:40 pm

I just bought one. I hope it works.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:31 am

I hope mine looks this good after I install the foam and cover they send me, I ordered one friday after talking to them wings GAHHHH dddog Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Kalani Prince

Kalani Prince

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:12 pm

wow, nice seat, I'm 6'5" so I don't really want any dip in the seat, can anyone confirm it's about the same height?

Ah, wait I see it's a cover. perfect

Last edited by Kalani Prince on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : researched)
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:43 pm

It's a cover but it comes with new foam as well. I think unless you ask for something special, the foam is about the same height.
Back to top Go down
thornstein

thornstein

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:57 am

GsVs,

I like your wind screen. Can you tell me what it is and where you got it?

Thanks,
Tom
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:56 am

Tom,

Here you go, scroll two-thirds or so down the page:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1296-laminar-lip#29253

Sarah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:08 am

I really liked the look of the seat. I think that their would be so many seats according the height. I would like to try for this.

messenger bags | bags for men

Back to top Go down
thornstein

thornstein

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:06 am

greer wrote:
Tom,

Here you go, scroll two-thirds or so down the page:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1296-laminar-lip#29253

Sarah

Thanks Sarah. thumb
Back to top Go down
Oblivion

Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Anybody test one of these for two-up riding? I don't mind the current seat too much when I'm solo, but it's a BEAR when I can't move around (i.e. when someone else is on back). And more importantly the missus/passenger hates the stocker (more like a shocker, amirite?) as well. If it'll be better for her, it'll be easier for me to justify. Very happy

"If Mamma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy." - My dad
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:07 am

I've never carried a passenger, but I'd think it would have to be an improvement; this foam feels so much better than stock.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:44 am

I have been using my concepts seat for about a year now with a 900mile street ride, love it. I have installed two others for local friends just this week. All three of us plan to do the western half of the tat togather this Sept. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Seat option?   Seat Concepts - Yet another Seat option? Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet another Seat option?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next