Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AI programmer install problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sprscientist

AI programmer install problems Empty
PostSubject: AI programmer install problems   AI programmer install problems EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:46 pm

I hooked the programmer up under the tank to the throttle body plug and socket, competing the loop. Black wire to battery ground. Turn key on, no lights on AI controller, but bike turns over fine but will not start. Unplug controller and plug stock plug into throttle body and she starts fine. Reinstall programmer and same problem - bike getting power, no apparent power to AI controller and bike will turn over but won't start. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: AI programmer install problems   AI programmer install problems EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Make sure the plugs are connected fully. I had a struggle with my FMF PP as they are a tight fit due to a rubber seal to remain water and dust proof. Just feel or listen for it to click in.

I've heard of a few people now with this similar problem.
Back to top Go down
sprscientist

PostSubject: Re: AI programmer install problems   AI programmer install problems EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:14 pm

I thought of that and the stock socket to AI plug fit was VERY tight but I did get a click. If this connection was not made then the controller would not get power (even with the black wire to battery negative post), correct?
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: AI programmer install problems   AI programmer install problems EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Correct on the power issue. If memory serves me correctly, 'rydnseek' had similar issues and had to trim the rubber seal for the plug to seat properly.

Have you checked for a bent pin?

Try doing a search and hopefully find the posts I'm recalling or Derek from AI is contactable by phone I think, maybe give him a call.
Back to top Go down
sprscientist

PostSubject: Re: AI programmer install problems   AI programmer install problems EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Found the problem - wires on the AI black plug were reversed. Now it is installed and I'm running Shewolf's numbers (for stock exhaust). Took a spin and the 1st thing I notice is the "on-off" throttle response is gone and the overall throttle response is much smoother. I've got my airbox opened up and now the next step is a Q4 to see if I get any meaningful increase in power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI programmer install problems   AI programmer install problems Empty

Back to top Go down

AI programmer install problems
Page 1 of 1