Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seat Concepts seat?

Go down 
+29
Fiftygrit
mvonhatten
StG
grnd0
Pilsner
sswrx
Heoz
Just Bob
Coop
papi4baby
josh
Jeffro799
wallycycle
mototifosi
jaherbst
SheWolf
Rider_WV
mordicai
ssauer2004
f3joel
mnormand
Dave Bell
wheelman11
GsVs
Jäger
adamoto
greer
Captain Midnight
bobbyward
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mordicai

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 am

I drove up to their shop in CA and if I remember right they did use a spray adhesive in the installation.
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:01 am

I used a little spray adhesive between the foam and pan when I installed mine. I had it on the shelf thats so it was easy, would I go buy a can specifically for the install, probably not.

Great seat by the way. I have a few 200 mile days on it and its comfy.
Back to top Go down
ssauer2004

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 am

I appreciate the responses. My brother and I are going to complete the install on Saturday. He's done a couple od Ducati seats with some crazy angles. The wrx seat is so straight that I don't anticipate any problems. It's a big week for me. I have a set of Zeta handguards and Zeta XC flashers coming in on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 am

I didn't use any glue on mine either. Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 61865

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 pm

no glue, it fit tight enough the way they had it cut...
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:18 pm

ssauer2004 wrote:
I just received my seat concepts foam and cover. I have a question. It states in the installation instructions that an adhesive is used. Did everyone who installed the seat on their own use the adhesive?
The upholstery shop that installed mine at a price to cheap to refuse used spray on adhesive. Mind you, he had the old seat off and the new one on so fast that I didn't see what kind of spray on stuff it was. Very nice job, however. I wonder if the adhesive is to make putting the cover on easier, not for securing the foam in place AFTER installation.
Back to top Go down
ssauer2004

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:36 pm

I am having trouble getting my staple gun into some of the tight spot along the side of the seat pan. Where did you guys staple along the sides. I have a regular style staple gun. Any pics along with an explanation would greatly appreiated.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:40 am

I skipped a few of those tight spots. Hasn't seemed to cause a problem so far.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
ssauer2004

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm

I wimped out and brought the seat to a pro. He's going to charge me $20.00 and it will be done tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Can't beat that.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 am

ssauer2004 wrote:
I wimped out and brought the seat to a pro. He's going to charge me $20.00 and it will be done tomorrow morning.
I did the same thing, although it cost me a lot less in money and a bit of time having a coffee with the guy who was an ex-marine, swapping stories.

But I don't consider it "wimping out". He had the tools I don't have, the experience I didn't have, the spray glue I would have never thought of, and a perfectly smooth installation at the end.

Throw in whatever frustrations I might have incurred while doing it myself with some normal stapler or the cost of renting/buying the proper one, and I consider paying to have it done a bargain.

That's not wimping out - that's smart.

If the shop wanted $40 or $50... then maybe not so much.
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:59 am

GsVs wrote:
adamoto wrote:

needpics lurk

See some pictures over in the thread below ...

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/yet-another-seat-option-t2768.htm

What kind of windshield do you have?

Thanks, Jack
Back to top Go down
mototifosi

PostSubject: Seat Questions...   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 am

May I ask you mates a few questions about the Seat Concepts for our bike?

The seat seems to be reshaped half way back and the sides bulge out a bit. Are these bulges far enough back that when you are leaned way back hitting the whoops and on the gas or riding going down a steep hill that they connect behind your leg for support or more on the side of your leg? I guess what I'm trying to ask is are the bulges effective in helping you squeeze the bike cause they are behind your calf (keeping you from sliding backward) or do they hit the inner part of the calf's / knee on the side and make it uncomfortable or stick out to far when trying to clamp the bike with your legs when leaned back?

Really look forward to your reply's...

Thanks in advance....
Back to top Go down
wallycycle

wallycycle

PostSubject: SEAT CONCEPTS SEAT   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 am

Seat made all the difference on my long street/trail rides. Does not interfere when I'm on the pegs. Now look forward to those all day rides. Highly recommend!
Back to top Go down
Jeffro799

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:11 am

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post my review because I just installed the kit from Seat Concepts. Let me tell you, this is WELL WORTH the money and I can not understand spending 300 - 400 on a seat. For $160 you get the kit from Seat Concepts and it feels great (gives a wider area to sit on, not too wide but just wide enough, and the foam is feels slightly stiffer which is good because it offers more support and not as much pressure on your asscrack)

I use this bike mainly to commute to and from work, my ass was starting to kill me after 10 minutes of sitting on the stock seat. Ever since the Seat Concepts kit...zero problems.

I HIGHLY recommend this seat...and its made in the USA! This is a MUST mod for the WR I would do this before any other engine mod.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:51 am

A+ Modification. My A** is grateful. Best bang for the buck seat mod. Will use Alaska Leather Seat cover when doing longer tour. Very happy with the product.

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 WP_000689
Back to top Go down
papi4baby

papi4baby

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

I purchased a SC upgrade for my Husky TE630.

Night and day from the factory Husky seat. I would recommend SC to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Was home today so I installed the Seat Concepts foam and cover as soon as the UPS guy dropped it off. I opted for the low foam and embossed vinyl cover. I'm not a fan of gripper seats and I am on tippy toes while seated with gear. This was very easy to install and I can almost flat foot now which is nice haha. Didn't get to ride yet but just sitting on it I can tell it is much firmer yet more comfortable because it is wider than stock where you sit.

Tool used:
Craftsman pneumatic stapler with 1/4" stainless staples. I like shorter staples, less chance of poking through the pan at the "tongue" or at the very rear of the seat.
Flat blade screwdriver and pliers for removing staples from old cover
Heat Gun to heat up cover to make it more stretchable. It is rainy here today so no sitting it out in the sun to heat up. (not shown)
Spray Adhesive (not shown)

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 2012-07-13_10-21-48_782
Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 2012-07-13_13-58-25_862
Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 2012-07-13_14-00-02_795
Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 2012-07-13_14-28-30_787
Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 2012-07-13_14-28-21_197
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 pm

After four good hundred mile rides, 50/50 dirt - some radical stuff, and street, I'm happy to report that my arse is happy. Two thumbs up for Seat Concepts. I went super soft, standard height, gripper top and carbon sides. I float off the ground at 135ish lb.s and have a bad hip and it's no longer an issue. When I get gonzo I wear a pair of Forcefield padded knickers under my MX gear. They have a coccyx protector that is a bother on anything but a track bike but with the SC seat I don't even notice it. The soft foam gave me a loss of feel of the rear end so I've compensated by drifting more extreme. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Just Bob wrote:
... The soft foam gave me a loss of feel of the rear end ...

poser2 poser2 Yes, I read it as the soft foam put your arse to sleep. I was laughing too hard to understand the rest of the sentence. I was going to reply that you should have a doctor check that out until I figured out what you actually meant. Intentional or otherwise, Thanks for the laugh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Coop wrote:
Was home today so I installed the Seat Concepts foam and cover as soon as the UPS guy dropped it off. I opted for the low foam and embossed vinyl cover. I'm not a fan of gripper seats and I am on tippy toes while seated with gear. This was very easy to install and I can almost flat foot now which is nice haha. Didn't get to ride yet but just sitting on it I can tell it is much firmer yet more comfortable because it is wider than stock where you sit.

Does the low cut seat make it feel like you want to slide forward all the time? I noticed this with most lowered seats. Had Fisher redo my stock seat & it's about as close as you can get without having the seat slope forward too much.
Back to top Go down
Pilsner

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

The lowered seat does slope forward, I would get the regular height seat and a lowering link if you need a lower seat height.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:06 pm

I do not feel like I am sliding forward anymore than the stock seat. I don't know if it's because it's wider or that the foam is better. But I am very happy with the low seat.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 am

I tried the lower foam, sent by mistake, just laying it on the pan and it sloped way too much for me. The regular height feels like it has more slope than stock. Bothered me for a bit but I've gotten used to it - or complacent. So much more comfortable than stock that I'd keep it even if Motokid snuck into my shop and painted it pink.
Back to top Go down
grnd0

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Where is the best, cheapest, place to buy this seat??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat Concepts seat?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next