Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

help on tuning issues?!?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xxjenso_00xx

help on tuning issues?!?!  Empty
PostSubject: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:48 am

Hey all, new to forum but been reading it for quite some tme leading up to my purchase 2 weeks ago of a leftover 2008 wrx! Love the bike so far but got a problem. I got a FMF pc4 pipe, FMF power bomb header, and FMF tuner. Also removed ais and removed all air box garbage and did the high 5 ultimate air box mod. Problem is I have tried many different settings on programmer but I'm still getting a hesitation when u blip the throttle. If I'm riding it @ say 25-30mph any gear and roll into the throttle all is well, but if I blip it r hammer it wide open it spits n sputters hesitates and then finnaly takes off. Right now I'm @ 3-5-1-8-1-1, any suggestions would be great.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:00 am

The nice thing with the programmer is you can try different settings. That might be part of your problem. Try some different numbers and see if it helps at all. help on tuning issues?!?!  61865

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 am

I have tried several different settings. I planned on keep trying them just was thinking maybe some one had the same problem @ one point and could speed the process up a bit. Plus I am bored @ work anyways so figured it was worth a shot!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 am

Hmmm...well, you've done all the stuff that normally helps with that problem. Some guys have changed out the throttle tube assembly and gone with a different one, but I don't think that's totally eliminated the throttle snatch you're experiencing. Some of us have been lucky to not have that happen right off the bat. help on tuning issues?!?!  29721

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:35 am

Shewolf- am I mistaken but aren't the attitude and fmf programmers pretty much identical, atleast settings wise? If so I think u run the attitude what r u currently running for settings? I planned on getting the attitude but I got connections that own a shop and he got me the fmf for $173.00. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:09 pm

xxjenso_00xx wrote:
and did the high 5 ultimate air box mod.

What's this?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
xxjenso_00xx

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:41 pm

Check out this site www.wrrdualsport.com and look for the ultimate airbox mod. Its a little time consuming n u need a good dremel kit but looks good. I actually got my buddy to do all the modifications and cutting while I put exhaust on and removed ais and airbox crap. So worked out nice 4 me!!!!
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 pm

I have the same pipe, header, programmer as you.
AIS removed, top of airbox removed.
It doesn't power wheelie like a race bike is going to, but there is no hesitation.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:21 am

You've tried the default settings?

Sarah
Back to top Go down
xxjenso_00xx

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:14 am

Joel what settings u running? And greer I ran stock for a quick beat around town quick then started playing around with the settings. What are the settings it comes with set as any one know? I could try em again
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:36 am

All of the programmers come default with stock settings (well, the FMF & Tude do, not sure about the others)..

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:11 pm

xxjenso,

There's a ton of info here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664899&highlight=power+programmer+settings

Per page 13 of that thread, FMF default settings are 3/4/1/8/4/4.5. According to my FMF programmer install instructions, it's pre-programmed to work with the FMF exhaust. The instructions go on to say that setting the modes to 0.5 uses the Yamaha factory fuel curve. Hope that helps a little.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help on tuning issues?!?!    help on tuning issues?!?!  Empty

Back to top Go down

help on tuning issues?!?!
Page 1 of 1