Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

tuning question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motardmixion

motardmixion

tuning question Empty
PostSubject: tuning question   tuning question EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:23 am

okay guys my bike is all stock except the air box mod, and baffle taken out of the exhaust.

i think the bike is running a little to lean.....for instance...

on cold starts it starts fine but hesitates alot if i hop right on it.....also sometimes ill get a weird back fire and a hesitation when applying throttle.

like a hick up. idk how to explain it but i know its not right.

anywho. i wanna pipe it and program it.....but my bank account will only allow be to get the programer right now.

anyone have any input on programing a stock bike? i know its running lean because of the opened up air box mod and how the stock exhaust is opened up a little.

im not ro worried about gaining power until I add the header and pipe. I just want it to run right, and clean. i wanna keep this bike for a while and take care of it

thanks
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

tuning question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning question   tuning question EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:05 am

im going to do the co adjustment mod and see if i can fine tune it a little
Back to top Go down
Biglake

tuning question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning question   tuning question EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:08 am

Dont try to tune the bike to make it run good while cold, it will be too rich when warm.

These bikes are cold blooded, it will never run hicup free when cold, let it warm up before riding it.

I have a programmer and my bike still hicups untill fully warmed up, I've adjusted eveything on it to try to cure it and it still does it.

The programmer will give the midrange and throttle response some added kick on a stock bike.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

tuning question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning question   tuning question EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Okay cool, yeah these bikes are cold blooded. Idk what I should buy first, a slip on or the programer. If I buy the slip on then maybe I can just play with the co settings till I get a programer in the next month or so
Back to top Go down
jefmad

tuning question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning question   tuning question EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:22 am

motardmixion wrote:
Okay cool, yeah these bikes are cold blooded. Idk what I should buy first, a slip on or the programer. If I buy the slip on then maybe I can just play with the co settings till I get a programer in the next month or so
Get the programmer. I would even suggest getting the PCV, load the map for modded airbox and stock can. 30 second adjustment if you decide to get a slip on later. Also, I know a lot more people buy the FMF programmer than the PCV but look at all the people messing with the FMF and you hardly see question on programming from people with the PCV. It just works better.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

tuning question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning question   tuning question EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Well just ordered the fmf programer today and a power core pipe. Well see how it works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tuning question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning question   tuning question Empty

Back to top Go down

tuning question
Page 1 of 1