Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

DynoJet PCV Tuning Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oldtrucks

DynoJet PCV Tuning Help Empty
PostSubject: DynoJet PCV Tuning Help   DynoJet PCV Tuning Help EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I just purchased a used 2011 WR250R that has the Athena Big Bore Kit, DynoJet PCV, and a Graves Full Exhaust. The original owner couldn't provide the stock exhaust or any of the software or paperwork for the Dynojet, something about being evicted and an angry landlord

Initially the bike would scream once I got it moving, but it really ran like crap from an idle up to about 3000 rpm's. Not a trail friendly set up and as soon as I get all the parts the Graves comes off and I'll be adding the AutoTune.

So, in the meantime I decided to try a different map in hopes of making it a little more rideable at slower speeds.

I went to the Dynojet site, downloaded their software and loaded it to my laptop, all good thumb

I found a couple maps, downloaded and saved them to the laptop. Transferred to the bike and everything was getting better thumb

I checked the firmware, noticed I was behind about 5 versions so I downloaded the latest firmware and sent it to the PCV, no problem. thumb

Following the Firmware update I started the bike and it barely ran. OK, firmware update may have washed away the map GAHHHH

Simple enough, I try to re-send the map and still no change, bike starts but really runs like crap, seems very rich GAHHHH

The directions from DynoJet are pretty vague so can someone that has done this with success walk me through the steps.

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: DynoJet PCV Tuning Help   DynoJet PCV Tuning Help EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Not a clue. scratch

I have a PC5 & Autotune. I have the 290 kit as well. I've also updated the firmware. I've never had the problem that you describe, but off-idle throttle has been a nagging problem for me. Still working on that.

Can you downgrade to previous firmware?
Back to top Go down
oldtrucks

PostSubject: Re: DynoJet PCV Tuning Help   DynoJet PCV Tuning Help EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
Can you downgrade to previous firmware?

I looked and don't see anywhere on their website. There is a cache of the laptop but I'd be guessing, all the files are long strings that don't identify what they are.

I've read that the Athena kit comes with some type of fuel controller so I went looking for it. Nothing I could see, is it possible to run them inline?.

I disconnected the PCV and it runs fine, I was thinking possible fuel pump problem, so that step eliminated that. I'm going to try another firmware and map install with the PCV uninstalled and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
oldtrucks

PostSubject: Re: DynoJet PCV Tuning Help   DynoJet PCV Tuning Help EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:17 pm

I dug in a little deeper and spotted some black zip ties holding what I thought was the stock fuel controller on the bike. Looking closer I chased the wires and found them grafted into the injector right where the Dynojet plugged in. It didn't have any identifying labels so I wasn't sure if it was stock or aftermarket. I went back to the Ramsey site and found this picture of the GET controller from his Athena kit. Looks exactly like mine but no sticker or label anywhere. I unhooked it and seem to have the DynoJet working again.

DynoJet PCV Tuning Help WRR149

I don't know enough about EFI to know if it's normal to leave two different controls inline, but in this case to seemed to be a problem.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: DynoJet PCV Tuning Help   DynoJet PCV Tuning Help EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 pm

The GET fuel controller should absolutely not be connected in combination with the PC5. Glad you found the problem. thumb
Back to top Go down
oldtrucks

PostSubject: Re: DynoJet PCV Tuning Help   DynoJet PCV Tuning Help EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

When in doubt follow the Zip Ties thumb

They usually lead to bad wiring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DynoJet PCV Tuning Help   DynoJet PCV Tuning Help Empty

Back to top Go down

DynoJet PCV Tuning Help
Page 1 of 1