Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!

Go down 
+5
gatorfan
john92
Akasy
njbill
skierd
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Thanks!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 pm

inspector wrote:
Nice read. Glad you pointed me to the correct posts over there since I won't read thru that honker.

*I've had fitment problems before myself when others haven't. Think you did a great job.

inspector,

Thank you for the positive input! As usual, I learned some things dontcha' know!

AR2
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Artoo, if you get a moment could you link me to the Rotopax/Promoto mod?

Much thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Rotopax on Promoto Billet Rack   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 pm

gatorfan wrote:
Artoo, if you get a moment could you link me to the Rotopax/Promoto mod?

Much thanks.

Gatorfan,

I just spent some time searching the monster thread for it and I'm darned if I can find it.

I didn't save a link to it because it was straight forward like this:

Standard rotopax mount for flat surface, not the L bracket kind. $5 Rotopax backing plate. Sandwich the tail rack in between the mount and the backing plate with proper length screws. Loctite, etc. I'm thinking of maybe epoxying it in place, too, to keep it from sliding around from vibrations.

Here is a link to a similar idea where a guy might be having his brother CNC machine something similar to the Promoto Billet rack, only wider and with the mounting bosses for the Rotopax mount built in. Even if you already have a rack, this link may be of value since it shows how very far back the mount has to be.

People who let the fuel pack intrude over the seat said they regretted it. Bruised arse when riding the rough stuff; extra step to take the seat off.

When using this link, suggest you scroll down the page to the entries by GsVs and svr700. The pics by Crawdaddy are of use too, but they are for a different type of rack.

Linky:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12127832&highlight=rotopax#post12127832

Hope this helps... just too many pages over there in the monster thread!

Artoo

p.s.: I orderd the 1 gallon Rotopax. Due to bad hips, I don't USUALLY stack the tail rack very high. But if I need more gasoline or water, I bought the adapter so another 1 gallon rotopax can be stacked directly on top of the first one. (white colored water rotopax or red colored gasoline rotopax)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Artoo: Good point... She can't see the gaps ! * laugh *

lol!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks Artoo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: You're welcomed!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Gatorfan,

De nada. Hope it helps ya'. thumb

Artoo
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Mud cures all...gaps, holes, squeaky things, and depressions. Very happy

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:16 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Mud cures all...gaps, holes, squeaky things, and depressions. Very happy

Well let's not default to hasty generalizations... Some of those attributes are good things. Even the squeaky ones.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:44 pm

What can I say. Mud is great lube. lurk

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 pm

SheWolf wrote:

SheWolf, yer too much! lol!

AR2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:50 pm

What can I say...gripper seat's no competition to BC mud. Which reminds me...after all this rain we just got, my fave mudhole should be good and soupy. wink

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Not to be used in all circumstances. Shog
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:08 pm

*coughs and whistles*IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 54

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!   IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 Gallon Tank - TIGHT FIT!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2