Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Neutral light

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Neutral light   Neutral light EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:46 pm

The neutral light doesn't always light up when in neutral.

Did it happen to anyone else ?
Back to top Go down
john92

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutral light   Neutral light EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:55 pm

It happened to me recently. Keep in mind, It may not start in neutral either if that light doesn't come on. There is a sensor in relation to that. I started checking wires and stuff and then it worked again.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutral light   Neutral light EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 pm

I guess it's the neutral switch. I'll find it and bypass it.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutral light   Neutral light EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:33 am

Don't bypass it. It should be easy to get working. If you bypass it, it could jump off the kickstand if you start it in gear.
Back to top Go down
john92

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutral light   Neutral light EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:35 am

Mine's messing up again. I guess I'll have to order one. baldy Best price I've found is $45 + 15 shipping. Besides the fact that I like my neutral light to come on when I'm in neutral, It's safe to say that if the clutch switch went for some stupid reason, the bike would not start because of one of these two dumb reasons. Clutch or Neutral= One of these conditions must be met for our bike to start.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutral light   Neutral light EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:52 pm

john92 wrote:
Mine's messing up again. I guess I'll have to order one. baldy Best price I've found is $45 + 15 shipping. Besides the fact that I like my neutral light to come on when I'm in neutral, It's safe to say that if the clutch switch went for some stupid reason, the bike would not start because of one of these two dumb reasons. Clutch or Neutral= One of these conditions must be met for our bike to start.

It looks like the problem occurs only when the bike is hot. It must be a wire that rubbed on the body.

I don't need to pull the clutch to start it when in neutral. I never did on the WR.
Back to top Go down
john92

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutral light   Neutral light EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Dancamp wrote:
I don't need to pull the clutch to start it when in neutral. I never did on the WR.
You will have to pull in the clutch to start it in neutral if the neutral sensor goes. That's what makes it so you don't have to pull the clutch in.
Back to top Go down
treeklimber

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: No neutral light when hot   Neutral light EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Dancamp! I realize this is an old thread but it seems the 'no neutral light only when hot' hasn't been a common issue as nobody has reported it happening since your '10 topic.

I'm having the identical issue. No neutral light when the bike warms up but always works when bike is all the way cold.

Was it your neutral sensor? A wire?

Thanks in advance!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neutral light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neutral light   Neutral light Empty

Back to top Go down

Neutral light
Page 1 of 1