Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Q4 install, tight bolt?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

FMF Q4 install, tight bolt? Empty
PostSubject: FMF Q4 install, tight bolt?   FMF Q4 install, tight bolt? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Anybody else have an extremely difficult (40 minutes and no love yet) time trying to get the midpoing bolt started?
Just starting the bolt on the muffler alone requires a lot of pressure, adding the bike 'frame' thickness to actually install the muffler and I cannot get the MF bolt started. Comparing it to the Yam bolt & muffler, the FMF seems very 'under designed.'

budah budah

I have the megaBomb header stud nuts barely started, and the muffler rear hanger bolt off, zero luck yet. cry

Any constructive suggestions?
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 install, tight bolt?   FMF Q4 install, tight bolt? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Wow, I was going to suggest loosening everything up and trying that way, but it seems that isn't working. I found the same thing with my FMF P4, but all I did was loosen everything and start that one first. Of course the stock bolt wasn't long enough so I had to get another one.

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 install, tight bolt?   FMF Q4 install, tight bolt? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 install, tight bolt?   FMF Q4 install, tight bolt? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:44 am

cryptomundo wrote:
not sure maybe something in the following thread might be related

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/q4-system-frame-clearance-issue-t1239.htm?highlight=frame
Very related, and 2 solutions offered in there. Thanks! thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 install, tight bolt?   FMF Q4 install, tight bolt? Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Q4 install, tight bolt?
Page 1 of 1