Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Removing AIS, questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

Removing AIS, questions Empty
PostSubject: Removing AIS, questions   Removing AIS, questions EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 am

Very good (numbered) instructions here:
http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake/72-aisrem

1) metal strap: after removing bolt, strap seems to be 'attached' or stuck to something at back, but I can't see it (reading glasses need to be upgraded Rolling Eyes )
- Should I just give it a good pull/tug? Or do I need to undo something else?

4) sliding solonoid off its mount: thick wire bundle right next to top of solonoid won't let solonoid slide in to remove.
- I guess I should remove zip-ties holding bundles?
- Anybody else have this issue too?

Thanks,
Greg
(obviously mechanically disinclined! Shog )

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Removing AIS, questions   Removing AIS, questions EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 am

Going by memory:

1) The rear portion of that metal strap has a little thingy on the back that clips to a thingy wrapped around either the the rubber tube or wiring harness.
Once you see/feel/touch it, you'll figure it out.
I think I remember putting this metal piece back on the bike in order to hold wiring up off the cylinder head cover.

4) Naturally, space is tight with all of that completely rediculous stuff crammed onto the bikes in order to make life so much better for all of us. :)
Cut yourself some slack by undoing any zip ties securing the parts you're messing with.
It will come off.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Removing AIS, questions   Removing AIS, questions EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:42 am

YZEtc wrote:
1) The rear portion of that metal strap has a little thingy on the back that clips to a thingy wrapped around either the the rubber tube or wiring harness.
Once you see/feel/touch it, you'll figure it out.
I think I remember putting this metal piece back on the bike in order to hold wiring up off the cylinder head cover.
Ah, I think I see something in the link's pic 'A close-up of the mount so you can see the solenoid has to slide off towards the bike.'
Just under wire bundle pictured just below where strap's bolt goes in, can see maybe what the back of stap attaches to.

YZEtc wrote:
4) Naturally, space is tight with all of that completely rediculous stuff crammed onto the bikes in order to make life so much better for all of us. :)
Cut yourself some slack by undoing any zip ties securing the parts you're messing with.
It will come off.
Ok, I hope so. I did not want to mess with having remove any black electrical tape. Zip ties I can deal with. thumb

Thanks, will try the above when I get home tonight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing AIS, questions   Removing AIS, questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Removing AIS, questions
Page 1 of 1