Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ReMoving Speedo

Go down 
+4
Akasy
Jäger
little squirt
niwlen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
niwlen

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Guys!,

I'm collecting by bike next week and have did a fair bit of research on the bike. Would removing the Speedo on the 250 kill the ECU?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:49 pm

no, but water will Very happy
Back to top Go down
niwlen

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Im thinking of installing a aftermarket speedo with a decent tacho.. =\
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:27 am

niwlen wrote:
Different strokes for different folks.

I managed to race motocross for years without a tachometer. I was more occupied with looking at where I wanted to go anyways: "Look there, go there; look down, go down..."

Now I'm riding a bike with a wide powerband and a rev limiter that loves to have its neck twisted. Still don't miss a tach, and a little puzzled at how a tach would help me get more out of riding the bike all over the backcountry roads up here in the Rockies. Frankly, if the digital display had a tach option, I'd never bother to turn it on - I'd get more use out of the digital clock (keeps me from having to take off my gloves and unsnap my cuffs to see what time it is).
Back to top Go down
Akasy

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Clock....   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 am

If you can read your clock....you aren't riding in enough dirt lurk

Jäger wrote:
niwlen wrote:
Different strokes for different folks.

I managed to race motocross for years without a tachometer. I was more occupied with looking at where I wanted to go anyways: "Look there, go there; look down, go down..."

Now I'm riding a bike with a wide powerband and a rev limiter that loves to have its neck twisted. Still don't miss a tach, and a little puzzled at how a tach would help me get more out of riding the bike all over the backcountry roads up here in the Rockies. Frankly, if the digital display had a tach option, I'd never bother to turn it on - I'd get more use out of the digital clock (keeps me from having to take off my gloves and unsnap my cuffs to see what time it is).
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Akasy wrote:
If you can read your clock....you aren't riding in enough dirt lurk
I am blessed to ride where there is little mud and little dust... particularly when most of the roads and tracks I ride are pretty much deserted except for me. Nicely textured firm dirt with just enough of a hint of moisture for maximum tire hookup. Not that I ride hard enough to need everything I can get in the first place.

I get enough of living for days on end in mud and dust in the military, without going to look for it on my time off. If I never again in my life get mud on me, my clothes or my equipment, I'll be a happy camper. Sleeping in slop filled fighting holes and ditches will do that for ya...

Doing the housework mopping the living room floor (sleeping quarters visible in back):

ReMoving Speedo Housec10

In Medac, like in the real estate business, it was all about location, location, location... the house is a little run down, but when the other side has all the tanks, and other heavy direct fire weapons, going subterranean is where it's at, baby... Note this is a very nice two bedroom bungalow, with a hint of Tuscan architecture with the arched ceiling on the one side.

ReMoving Speedo Medak110

So forgive me if, after living in holes like that for days and sometimes weeks on end, I consider the rest of you to be mud and dirt noobs.

And if I make no apologies for having no interest in riding in the mud. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt... and the pictures. (and some little bits of foreign objects here and there under my hide, but that's another story).
Back to top Go down
niwlen

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:51 pm

i need the space for other devices.. anyone?
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

I saw a guy do a front endo on an X and mashed the meter, the bike would not run after that but I wasn't there for the diagnosis
Unplug it and see if the bike run's, I for one would hate to lose the diagnostic system
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:40 pm

niwlen wrote:
I've seen bikes with the stock instrumentation plus roll charts, gps units, SPOT messengers, etc. After that, what are you planning on putting on there that will require removing stock instrumentation?
Back to top Go down
niwlen

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:53 am

Jäger wrote:
niwlen wrote:
I've seen bikes with the stock instrumentation plus roll charts, gps units, SPOT messengers, etc. After that, what are you planning on putting on there that will require removing stock instrumentation?

A reliable gps to replace the inaccurate speedo will be good Very happy
Back to top Go down
Akasy

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:04 am

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx

http://www.12oclocklabs.com/

niwlen wrote:
Jäger wrote:
niwlen wrote:

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:05 pm

niwlen wrote:
Well, 12oClockLabs can fix the inaccurate speedo for you. Lots of us here have those.

For a GPS, throw a RAM mount on each side and you can have your GPS and your SPOT up on the bars as well. Lots of RAM mounts holding GPS units in this crowd.

And you can still have your original instrumentation while doing all the above...
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 am

0007onWR wrote:
I saw a guy do a front endo on an X and mashed the meter, the bike would not run after that but I wasn't there for the diagnosis
Unplug it and see if the bike run's, I for one would hate to lose the diagnostic system

that's strange. i've unplugged mine and removed it completely from the bike and took it up and down the neighborhood. runs just fine.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:59 pm

You want this:

ReMoving Speedo Fail-owned-belt-fail

OFF???????
Back to top Go down
stumo

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 am

Vortac wrote:
0007onWR wrote:

that's strange. i've unplugged mine and removed it completely from the bike and took it up and down the neighborhood. runs just fine.

the bikes will run fine with no speedo.

Mates have 10 WRR's, 8 have the speedos taken off (so they don't get broken) and they all run fine.
Back to top Go down
niwlen

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:07 am

stumo wrote:
Vortac wrote:
0007onWR wrote:

the bikes will run fine with no speedo.

Mates have 10 WRR's, 8 have the speedos taken off (so they don't get broken) and they all run fine.

Lovely!!
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:11 pm

search on SMJ,they get taken off to race or add numberplate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ReMoving Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReMoving Speedo   ReMoving Speedo Empty

Back to top Go down

ReMoving Speedo
Page 1 of 1