Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

"DIAG" constantly on screen

Go down 
+2
craigq
Ozy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozy

Ozy

"DIAG" constantly on screen Empty
PostSubject: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:17 am

While riding today I noticed that my display is in the DIAG screen and pressing the buttons won't remove or change it. When I turn the ignition on and off it momentarily returns to the clock and odometer but then comes up with the word DIAG again?

Any advice?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:52 am

Do you have the FSM ? If not try to get a hold of one.

Page 8-34 of the FSM details how to enter diagnostic (dIAG) mode (press and hold Select and Reset-1, turn key ON, hold for 8 more seconds). Turning the key OFF should cancel diagnostic mode. From your description your multifunction meter is doing this by itself? Is the engine trouble warning light on/flashing (the MIL) ?
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:45 pm

craigq wrote:
Do you have the FSM ? If not try to get a hold of one.

Page 8-34 of the FSM details how to enter diagnostic (dIAG) mode (press and hold Select and Reset-1, turn key ON, hold for 8 more seconds). Turning the key OFF should cancel diagnostic mode. From your description your multifunction meter is doing this by itself? Is the engine trouble warning light on/flashing (the MIL) ?

Yes it is doing by itself and no the engine warning light isn't on???

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:59 pm

This isn't gathering much attention, and the FSM doesn't seem to really have much advice if the display boots into dIAG. You could try posting in the huge WRR thread on advrider...
Is it under warranty?
Did you make any changes to the bike recently ?
Try removing the battery for a bit (this is a bit of a stretch and likely won't fix the issue).
When in dIAG mode can you get any codes to display ?

Check your PM's...
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:16 pm

craigq wrote:
This isn't gathering much attention, and the FSM doesn't seem to really have much advice if the display boots into dIAG. You could try posting in the huge WRR thread on advrider...
Is it under warranty?
Did you make any changes to the bike recently ?
Try removing the battery for a bit (this is a bit of a stretch and likely won't fix the issue).
When in dIAG mode can you get any codes to display ?

Check your PM's...

Yes it is under warranty and it's in the shop as I type this. It has the service manager stumped as there are no codes displayed and it seems frozen in the dIAG screen... scratch

I'll update this post when I get the bike back.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 pm

I expect that many have read this thread. The silence is probably due to the fact that everyone is stumped. Aside from the method for putting it into diag mode there's not much to say about it. Look forward to hearing what the factory comes up with. lurk
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:05 am

I was just informed by my local Yamaha service dept that my display unit is being replaced by Yamaha under warranty but didn't say what was wrong with it as i don't think they know.... scratch

They'll send it off to Yamaha I suppose for a further inspection.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:51 am

Thanks for letting us know. Hope they get your bike right back to you.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:00 am

greer wrote:

Sarah

No worries Sarah, just waiting for the part to arrive now, hopefully there is one in the country..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Ozy wrote:
greer wrote:

Sarah

No worries Sarah, just waiting for the part to arrive now, hopefully there is one in the country..... Rolling Eyes

Bummer......I have to wait for one to arrive from Japan.... cry .
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 am

Hopefully, you'll get the '11 version:
WR250R changes from '10 to '11
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 am

ramz wrote:
Hopefully, you'll get the '11 version:
WR250R changes from '10 to '11

Got my bike back yesterday and it looks the same as the one I had so I'd say it's not a 2011.

They weren't real forthcoming on what was wrong with it other than it froze and warranted replacement.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:49 am

^sucks but hey, fixed under warranty and you are ready to ride!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "DIAG" constantly on screen   "DIAG" constantly on screen Empty

Back to top Go down

"DIAG" constantly on screen
Page 1 of 1