Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

diag mode / CO

Go down 
+2
mordicai
killbill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killbill

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm

hello,

i own a R² (eu model) and i just cant figure out what is this thing doing in my bike (CO)-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q98ARDWEnUY&feature=related

i tried yesterday to change the numbers but nothing happened. any ideas? Rolling Eyes

i also want to find the manual for the diag mode so i can reed these numbers shown there.

thank you.
bill
Back to top Go down
mordicai

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Top numbers are a tech. Co numbers are your air fuel mixture at idle . Perhaps the first 15% of throttle.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 pm

look around and search a little, here's a current thread on the topic:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3769-wr250-r-x-built-in-programmer
Back to top Go down
killbill

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Hertz wrote:
look around and search a little, here's a current thread on the topic:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3769-wr250-r-x-built-in-programmer

i have a stock bike (only airbox mod) and i cant see any difference as i siad before. what number should i choose? i know that 3 different models here in greece have 3 different stock numbers. (-4,-14,0) !

i read this post and i understand that there is no big difference no matter what you choose. leave it at 0 maybe? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
2008wr250r

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 pm

in the U.S. stock CO numbers vary greatly around the country as well. IMHO i would suggest you set your CO number to wherever the idle
seems most smoothed out. idk if i am just wasting my time telling you this but it may also help to test ride and see how the bike responds through a
range of different CO percentages.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:18 am

The "diag-menü" shows only the throttle-position in %. You see it, if you open the throttle during you are in that. Mine is 16 if a dont open throttle- 93 full open...

You can see and change the co-numbers, if you hold the two buttoms again... But you can only change fuel- mixture in the closed throttle positions (0-16% at my bike). It is the same as a fuel skrew (Gemischschraube) in a carbonator (Vergaser). (i dont know if i have the right english words- did not find the words in my translation-program)
Back to top Go down
skrew

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 am

germanwr250r wrote:
It is the same as a fuel screw (Gemischschraube) in a carbonator (Vergaser). (i dont know if i have the right english words- did not find the words in my translation-program)

Not true. Our EURO WRX have air-screw too. Its can be reached under left air scoop. I've used it to change idle RPMs up to 1550 just before first ride this year. At the same time I've used DIAG mode to change numbers from 0 up to +30.. and -30.. and found that:

• CO=0 +-5 = near 1550 RPM
  • CO>+10 = <1500 RPM and less, down to 1200 and unstable engine idling
  • CO<-10 = <1500 RPM and less, down to 1200 and unstable engine idling

Got back to CO=0 and happy with it.

Also today I run with O2 disconnected. No DIAG light (that is known behavior). Bike's performance as usual. That was a test run before FMF EFI tuner arrives to test open-loop.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 am

I didn't mean the Air-skrew...

You have two skrews in a carbonator to make the engine run with no trottle.
You have got an Air-skrew (only to make the engine run faster or slower): this Airskrew is in a spring at the most carbonators (at mikuni bsr36 f. ex.). You have a Airskrew in the wr250r too.
And you have a fuelmixture skrew at a carbonator (bsr36: undersite in a hole)

If you change the airfuelmixtur (with that both skrew at a carbonator- or with Diag and the airskrew in an injectionsystem) the engine runs faster or slower. Its the same with a fuelinj. or with a carb..
The problem is: you need to adjust both. If you only adjust the Air (more or less air), or only adjust fuelmixture (more fuel, less fuel), it could be that the engine runs too lean or too rich.
If you have a new exhaust and want to use more power, you need both: Air and fuel
But you just change Airfuelmixture in the "no-trottle-area" to add fuel at higher rpm you need a fuelprogrammer(fuelinj.) or a jetkit (carb.)
Back to top Go down
skrew

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 am

germanwr250r wrote:
I didn't mean the Air-skrew...

You have two skrews in a carbonator to make the engine run with no trottle.
You have got an Air-skrew (only to make the engine run faster or slower): this Airskrew is in a spring at the most carbonators (at mikuni bsr36 f. ex.). You have a Airskrew in the wr250r too.
And you have a fuelmixture skrew at a carbonator (bsr36: undersite in a hole)

If you change the airfuelmixtur (with that both skrew at a carbonator- or with Diag and the airskrew in an injectionsystem) the engine runs faster or slower. Its the same with a fuelinj. or with a carb..
The problem is: you need to adjust both. If you only adjust the Air (more or less air), or only adjust fuelmixture (more fuel, less fuel), it could be that the engine runs too lean or too rich.
If you have a new exhaust and want to use more power, you need both: Air and fuel
But you just change Airfuelmixture in the "no-trottle-area" to add fuel at higher rpm you need a fuelprogrammer(fuelinj.) or a jetkit (carb.)

Ok I see. From what I know about combustion is that "normally" rich AFM will produce more power than too rich or too lean. So then I turn air-screw I've adjusted something (air flow), and then with DIAG menu I can (rich or lean) see how values of - and + affect RPM. Keeping in mind that, I've made a assumption, that optimal AFM will give bigger RPMs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

diag mode / CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: diag mode / CO   diag mode / CO Empty

Back to top Go down

diag mode / CO
Page 1 of 1