Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
novaboy

Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada Empty
PostSubject: Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada   Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:59 am

Hey folks,

I've had the 250R on my short list for awhile, been looking for a good dirt/woods/trail/commuter bike. I've considered KTM 450's/690's, Husky TE450/630's, BMW450X's, all the exotics because I'm a Eurosnob riding an '09 BMW G650X-Country. However I want something more dirt worthy. I think I've finally settled on the WR for a couple of reasons, first there's a dealer in town, KTM and BMW are an hour and half away, Husky is in another province. Second, less maintenance than the others. As much fun as a full blown enduro bike would be, between the maintenance and day to day livability I think I'd regret it. Third, I came across a really good deal on 250X at the local dealer that it's almost too good to pass up. Even after I pay for a set of dirt wheels, it's still a lot cheaper than waiting for a 2011 R model.

So I might be pulling the trigger this week and getting a new bike for the stable just before the snow starts to fall here. All I have to do then is order up some new wheels, and some knobby rubber and the old guy is ready to go in the spring.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada   Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 am

We might be meeting you next summer. We are planning a little trek from Sherbrooke to Miramichi all by the trails.

We are getting infos through a NB's forum. Nord Ouest dual sport adventure site

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada   Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:03 pm

novaboy,

Welcome!

If you're looking for enduro race bike power, you won't find that. I find it to be very adequate for what I do, so just sayin'.

I'd suggest a test ride if possible. Your best bet for that IMHO would be here or in the WRR monster thread over in AdvRider.

Lotsa' guys have offered test rides in various areas. I've done that, too. I know you'd need to find someone more local to ya'.

Same with the KTM if ya' can get someone to let ya' ride something that (sometimes) expensive!

The point is, I think you'll know for sure by direct comparison. Very few have been disappointed with the WRR, but there were a few. Nachtflug over in AdvRider really never liked his WRR. And I think possibly he was hoping for enduro race bike power and/or suspension, IMHO from what I've read. There's a thought... ya' could PM him and ask why he doesn't like it. Also, he's been in the monster thread recently and may respond if you ask there. He acts like he's considering a turbo kit, but I think his WRR is still for sale back in reality. Or maybe it's either/or... I dunno.

For a counterpoint, Crawdaddy over in AdvRider finished in 7th place out of 15 if memory serves... in some tough looking (to me) rally and he was up against some fast looking KTM's and much younger guys. You can find details by thread searching the AdvRider monster thread.

Anyhow, best of luck whatever you decide on. thumb

BigFeet
Back to top Go down
novaboy

PostSubject: Re: Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada   Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks for the reply,

I had a realistic look at the kind of riding I'm doing and more importantly my ability on a bike in the dirt and the WR is enough bike for me. I'm basically a noob when it comes to dirt riding, so I'm sure the WR will keep me happy for at least a couple of years. If I find that I need more bike down the road I'll go get a KTM or Husky and keep the WR as a commuter. For the price I'm getting it for I really can't go wrong. If I was paying full MSRP it would be a different story.

I've been through the ADVRider thread, and for the most part everyone likes the bike, with the exception of a couple of guys, like you mentioned. I'd have my doubts if I was used to the responsiveness and power of true enduro/dirt bike, but I'm not, and I don't want the hassles of extra maintenance that they require right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada   Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Nova,

You're welcomed. I agree; I wasn't going to pay MSRP either.

Unlike you, I wasn't able to find any good deals new so I went with a like new 08 with 2500 miles for $2900. Got it in Abilene, TX from a guy on the air force base.

-feet

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada   Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Woo for another Canucklehead! Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada 525406 Welcome to the pack! Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada 61865

PostSubject: Re: Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada   Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible new member in New Brunswick Canada
Page 1 of 1