Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from montreal Canada

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumblebee

New member from montreal Canada Empty
PostSubject: New member from montreal Canada   New member from montreal Canada EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello everyone, just bought a brand new 2013 WRR, i sold my FZ1 and my King quad to get this little beauty. I'll pick it up this friday, can't wait. I will do about 40% city/off road and 60% highway, is it better to go up a tooth in front or go down in the rear for the highway?????

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: New member from montreal Canada   New member from montreal Canada EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi and welcome!

I think stock gearing is pretty good for the highway. any lower and you're gonna miss the grunt the bike needs to get going / be fun, even on the road. with stock gearing the R will hold 110 - 115 km/h very comfortably. 120 is a bit more stressed but it can still hold it all day long. (for me the jump between 115 and 120 is quite noticeable in terms of revs, noise and vibration).

it might cruise a bit better with lower gearing, but remember this motor doesn't have much torque down low, so trying to bring the revs down with lower gearing doesn't necessarily mean it'll still have enough torque to pull you along comfortably.

I would recommend you first ride the bike at those speeds before making any decision. 1 tooth up at the front makes a bigger difference than 1 tooth less at the back. for quick changes, it'd be more convenient to switch the front sprocket, which you could change in 15 mins going from off road to road setup.
Back to top Go down
Bumblebee

PostSubject: Re: New member from montreal Canada   New member from montreal Canada EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 am

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!!!
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: New member from montreal Canada   New member from montreal Canada EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:57 pm

FYI a one tooth change on the front is equivalent to three on the back. I run 13/47 for road and 12/47 for dirt. It is very comfy at 110KPH with 13/47 and it will do 110KPH with 12/47 just more revy and not as 'happy' sounding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from montreal Canada   New member from montreal Canada Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from montreal Canada
Page 1 of 1