Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!

Go down 
+6
Little Ripper
mordicai
PYG RYDR
cryptomundo
YZEtc
diego@cyclesector.com
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Empty
PostSubject: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:13 pm

I just got in the G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube for my WR250X. I've felt like I have to pull back quite a bit to go full throttle so I'm really hoping this will help. Lately I've been using my bike mainly at the track and with the power this bike has I need to get on the throttle quick out of the turns to keep up with the bigger bikes. I think it will also help for riding around town because I cover a long stretch of highway when I commute and I basically have to keep it at full throttle to stay in the fast lane. it will probably make whoolies a lot easier too! Very happy

I didn't see the application in my catalogs for the WR250X, so I called G2 and they were super helpful in getting me the right one. I also got to know a little bit more about them since I had never used their products. All of Team Yamaha, from James Stewart/Yamaha Road Race Team (Ben Bostrom)/ what was the Super Moto Team and the AMPRO Off-Road Team use G2 throttles. Nine of the top 10 GNC racers, almost every GNCC top 10 flat trackers, most of all Team KTM off-road racers use G2 throttles!

Anyway the tube looks great and feels very solid. Its made of 6061 billet aluminum and has a removable end cap for handguards or bar ends (I also just got my handguards in 👍)

Here are some pics I just took:

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Img0039md

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Img0041xv

Im going to install it tomorrow, along with my handguards and I'll post a few installation pics.

I'm also going to the track this weekend and I'll post a review about my impression of it compared to the stock throttle.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 am

I had one on my WR-250R.
I liked it, and the reduction in the amount of twist needed to get full throttle was a plus to me. thumb
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:05 pm

thanks .. looking forward to the review. thumb

please note the part #

Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Ah yes the part is #50-200
Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:29 pm

My trackday got rained out, so I just put it on today.

Took the stock one off.

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Zydkpd

Looks way better than the stock plastic one (and its not broken Rolling Eyes)

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Img0059vj

Mounted up.

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! 2jdni2o

Installed with grips and new Zeta hand guards (note the sweeeet G2 Ergonomics sticker too!)

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! 2z842h2

I took it out for a quick spin and it definitely feels better. The amount of turn needed for full throttle is very noticeably shorter and the bike doesn't feel twitchy at all as a result. Actually the bike feels more manageable because you don't feel like you need to keep turning the throttle for more power. I'm sure it will be nice on the freeway especially, since Im pretty much pinned the entire way.

I wish I had been able to test it on the track this weekend, but Im going out to Adam's Kart Track this coming weekend so I don't have to wait long :) I'll update the thread once Ive got some more time with it.

Here is a pic of my bike's progress, many more mods to come!

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! 10dac6c

Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Sweet!

The picture looks like the G2 is longer than your stock tube?

Did you have to move the other right side perches toward the center?
Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:43 pm

gediehl4 wrote:
Sweet!

Yeah its a bit longer. I didn't want to deal with drilling new holes in the bar for now, so I just mounted it up the way it was. I'll go back and shift them over when I have some time.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:09 am

Just thinking, but Im wondering if you would have to shorten the tube. If you move the tube in, then the other stuff on the bar will have to move in and will start hitting the bend in the bar and wont fit right. Let us know what happens. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:13 am

diego@cyclesector.com wrote:
gediehl4 wrote:
Sweet!

Yeah its a bit longer. I didn't want to deal with drilling new holes in the bar for now, so I just mounted it up the way it was. I'll go back and shift them over when I have some time.

Just an FYI, when I installed new bars, I just used my dremel to grind down the notches in the controls so I dont have to drill holes in the bars .. I have not had any problems with them moving.

Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:49 pm

The tube is only about half an inch longer, and I know I have some space between the controls so it really shouldn't be much of an issue scooting it over.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:36 am

Hey Diego that tube sure looks familiar. Still looking forward to getting mine. Glad your enjoying it.....Max
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 am

diego@cyclesector.com wrote:
gediehl4 wrote:
Sweet!

Very nice tube!

I probably get my hacksaw out and cut the extra 1/2 inch of the end and leave the other controls put since my center of bars is already busy.
Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:56 pm

mordicai wrote:
Hey Diego that tube sure looks familiar. Still looking forward to getting mine. Glad your enjoying it.....Max

Hey Max, we just got it here for you today! Come by and pick it up anytime. You'll have to let us know how you like their G2 Throttle Tamer.

gediehl4 wrote:

Very nice tube!

I probably get my hacksaw out and cut the extra 1/2 inch of the end and leave the other controls put since my center of bars is already busy.

Well if you did that you would also have to cut off the same amount off your grip.
Back to top Go down
Little Ripper

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 5:19 pm

What's the consensus on the G2 Quick Turn Throttle for dual sport use? I'm thinking of putting one on my WRR because I find the throttle awkward to use sometimes when standing. Might not want to go there if it makes it too twitchy for trail use though. Any off-road reports?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I used one on my 2008 WR250R and liked it.
No downside (other than another thing to buy), and I tend to like quick-turn throttle action over long-turn.

Another thing that is important (if you haven't done this) is to remove any excess slack from the throttle cables.
Specification calls for 3-5 millimeters of slack or free-play rotation of the throttle grip.
The bikes typically come out of the shipping crate with more than that, making things even longer-turning with the throttle grip.
Back to top Go down
Little Ripper

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:01 pm

YZEtc wrote:
I used one on my 2008 WR250R and liked it.
No downside (other than another thing to buy), and I tend to like quick-turn throttle action over long-turn.

Another thing that is important (if you haven't done this) is to remove any excess slack from the throttle cables.
Specification calls for 3-5 millimeters of slack or free-play rotation of the throttle grip.
The bikes typically come out of the shipping crate with more than that, making things even longer-turning with the throttle grip.

Thanks YZ.... checked the cables yesterday and the slack seems to be about right...  I think I'll give the G2 a try.... appreciate your feedback... thumb
Back to top Go down
drifteast

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 am

Did lots of searching on this and this thread was helpful for sure but I still have some questions.  For the folks running any G2 throttle tube, do you have any pics showing the throttle grip after install?  It seems like OEM throttle tubes I've had - at least by the time you cut off the end for a handguard - are always a little short.  I've always ended up losing some grip width like this:

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! I-TTmnmM4-X2

Anyone familiar with this grip (ProGrip 714) knows that it's at least 1/2" than where I had to lop it off.  I'd love to find a throttle tube that's a little longer so I could use the full length of the grip and just cut a hole in the end (squishing the grip inward so it all fits doesn't count for me).  The G2 tube sounds like it might be better in this regard (and help with snatchiness on top).  Pics anyone?
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 11:39 am

drifteast wrote:
Did lots of searching on this and this thread was helpful for sure but I still have some questions.  For the folks running any G2 throttle tube, do you have any pics showing the throttle grip after install?  It seems like OEM throttle tubes I've had - at least by the time you cut off the end for a handguard - are always a little short...

...I'd love to find a throttle tube that's a little longer so I could use the full length of the grip and just cut a hole in the end (squishing the grip inward so it all fits doesn't count for me).  The G2 tube sounds like it might be better in this regard (and help with snatchiness on top).  Pics anyone?

Here's a photo I took of several throttle tubes a few years ago.  I didn't specifically measure the G2 length, but in this photo it appears to be significantly longer.  In the photo of it mounted on my bars you can see where I just trimmed the cap off the end of my Domino grips to accommodate the handguard mounts.  I didn't have to shorten it to fit the G2 tube.

If interested, you can read more about my experiences with these tubes, and their effects on EFI snatchiness, in this previous post.  Hope this helps!

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Thrott12

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Thrott11

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Domino10
Back to top Go down
drifteast

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! thumb And sorry, I missed that thread somehow. Seeing the full grip makes it clear!
Back to top Go down
crujones23

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 7:13 pm

What cam is everybody running on their G2?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 9:49 am

The thread seems to be about the quickturn one (like the title)
https://www.g2ergo.com/shop/g2-quick-turn-throttle-tube-yamaha/

I have the stocker and like it just fine.
Back to top Go down
crujones23

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm

I actually have the Dirt Tamer off the YZ450
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 7:31 am

How do you like that?
In general people tame the bigger agressive bikes like yz450, wr450 ect ect, and use the faster for the duller bikes like the wr250r, to get some more snap in it.
Back to top Go down
crujones23

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:12 am

I actually love it. Sam(owner) from G2 gave me 4 cams: 1. Stock YZ450, 2. Dirt Tamer 10% &20%Reduction YZ450, 3. Dirt Tamer 20% Reduction WR250R/X to compare with the stock tube that came with our bikes. Our stock is so small compare to the 450. So by putting on the Dirt Tamer 10% or 20%, it’s a hybrid where it’s really controllable the first 1/4 turn, then ramps up to the stock 450 (quick turn). Best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
crujones23

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:28 am

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! 60dc8a10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!   G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube! Empty

Back to top Go down

G2 Quickturn Throttle Tube!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next