Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G2 Throttle tube

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:13 am

Has anyone switched to one of these for their WRR? I have one from my FJR that I took off. I don't know if it will fit but I was going to try it. It has the 400Y cam on it which is changeable by ordering a different cam design.

Herkypilot
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 12:53 pm

That one will be too long for your application, which means your throttle tube derin bushing would have to et cut off, I would suggest contacting G2 and seeing if they will swap it out for you, I had bought one from Dennis Kirk for an FJR as well thinking it would work, but it was too big, you could cut it down and get it to work I guess, but the one they exchange for me was a perfect fit for my WRR....Maybe if yours in good enough shape they will exchange it out or give you a discount?

You will enjoy it on the WRR for sure...I love mine.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Herkypilot wrote:
Has anyone switched to one of these for their WRR?
Herkypilot

Hey, you fly Herky Birds? Thanks for all the rides, man...

G2 Throttle tube NightJump
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Paratroop drops   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Yep! I've worked in the back of herks as a Loadmaster for about 4 years then went to pilot training and have flown them for 18 years. I would rather fly you to where you need to jump so that you could take care of the boots on the ground part then jump myself - so thank you for doing what you did (or are doing)!

Herkypilot
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm

vwsandman wrote:
That one will be too long for your application, which means your throttle tube derin bushing would have to et cut off, I would suggest contacting G2 and seeing if they will swap it out for you, I had bought one from Dennis Kirk for an FJR as well thinking it would work, but it was too big, you could cut it down and get it to work I guess, but the one they exchange for me was a perfect fit for my WRR....Maybe if yours in good enough shape they will exchange it out or give you a discount?

You will enjoy it on the WRR for sure...I love mine.

Do you know which cam number you bought with your tube?
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Throttle tamer will come with a #400 cam.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Herkypilot wrote:
Yep! I've worked in the back of herks as a Loadmaster for about 4 years then went to pilot training and have flown them for 18 years. I would rather fly you to where you need to jump so that you could take care of the boots on the ground part then jump myself - so thank you for doing what you did (or are doing)!
Well, at least one Herc pilot jumps or used to.

About 1991 or thereabout we were doing a joint TALS ex with the Rangers. On the last jump we had in flight dressing. One of the pilots came back from the front where he had been BS'ing with his buddies or whatever, strapped on a main and reserve, and jumped with us. He was wearing jump wings on his Joe Cool suit as well as his pilot's wings, so obviously he'd either done the basic jump course as some sort of adventure or had had another life prior to becoming a pilot.

I was pretty impressed.

Nothing like a battalion size, double door mass drop at the crack of dawn, with the light going red just as you sweep over the DZ, with buddy in the door of the Herc next to you giving you the thumbs up as you stand first in the door jumping 600' AGL. My wife hates it when I say this, but it's true: it's better than sex. Even the few female jumpers say that...

G2 Throttle tube Milita10

Back when I was young and stupid, and fishing a Pentax Spotmatic SLR out of my combat shirt while surrounded by jumpers and with 20 seconds between exit and landing didn't scare me. In other words, when I was young and stupid.

Anyways... I guess I'm off topic; we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming concerning throttle tubes.
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Nice picture. That pilot must have been a zoomy (Academy Grad). Most of those guys get their basic jump qual while they are there. The only time I had to sort of jump was during ejection seat training which was more like para-sailing (I know- lame). They released us and we free float down about 100 feet. They were teaching us PLF's. I always felt like a sack of potatos hitting the ground even with a PLF. lol! Oh well, I guess we strayed on this thread a bit. dutch

Herkypilot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G2 Throttle tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: G2 Throttle tube   G2 Throttle tube Empty

Back to top Go down

G2 Throttle tube
Page 1 of 1