Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pro Taper Twister Throttle Tube

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BenWRR

Pro Taper Twister  Throttle Tube  Empty
PostSubject: Pro Taper Twister Throttle Tube    Pro Taper Twister  Throttle Tube  EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 2:07 pm

I had gotten and installed a Pro Taper Twister Throttle Tube yesterday. I did a 6 hour ride with it last night and it is an excellent replacement for the OEM plastic throttle tube.

On my Beta's, I had gotten G2 throttle tubes with the ball bearing Jimmy Twisters and they have also been top notch. I had a quick turn throttle on a 2017 500 RR-S and have a stock throttle cam with the aluminum throttle tube on the 2022 350 RR-S.

The Pro Taper Twister Tube is a simple swap and has a ball bearing insert in the end for a nice smooth twist and I love it. l also like how durable the aluminum tubes are as having the plastic throttle tubes get damaged during any ride sucks and I have never had an issue, other than some scraping on the outside of the throttle tube and of course whatever grip damage from whatever fall or slide the bike might take/have taken.

I get Pro Taper Pillow Top's on Amazon for like $9 a set so after switching handlebars and now the throttle tube, I have the Pillow Tops on both ends as while they wear pretty quick as compared to Domino's, as they are so cheap, I don't mind the shorter life that I get out of them and sometimes I will damage the grip enough to have to replace them before they have worn out as I can't stand any rip or cut that will allow any water or mud/sand/grit into the grip and into the bar or throttle.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

Pro Taper Twister  Throttle Tube  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper Twister Throttle Tube    Pro Taper Twister  Throttle Tube  EmptyWed May 03, 2023 7:22 pm

The throttle tube, and really, the bearing that the AL throttle tube rides on, has been working perfectly.

I have come to realize that when trail riding or even while riding on the street, the amount of twist that I need to get and keep the bike moving is very small. Still, the smoothness and feel of the throttle twist is quite nice.

In the past, anytime that the bike had gone down on the throttle side and the old plastic throttle tubes on all the older bikes I had, between the plastic throttle tubes being cracked, full of sand or mud, well, those days are over as I have yet to destroy an aluminum throttle tube that has a sealed bearing insert.
Back to top Go down

Pro Taper Twister Throttle Tube
Page 1 of 1