Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My New Ride

Go down 
+4
superbee24
X-Racer
SheWolf
YZEtc
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rem308

My New Ride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: NICE   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:23 pm

You've built yourself a great looking bike. Well done.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:53 am

Thank you. :)

The amazing thing about the cosmetics is that I decided to do it - spur of the moment - one night while suffering from insomnia. Very happy
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm

What size rear sprocket you running? looks like my 52 hanging in the closet
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:09 pm

That's a 49-tooth sprocket.
Front is 13 teeth.
Chain is 112 links.
Here's a better look at that side: :)

My New Ride - Page 2 011611wr-250xxleftsidell002
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 am

front fender needs a little work..............i have a brand new Acerbis black supermoto fender sitting in my room....you want it? i'll just send it to you, im never going to use it.

well it does have two holes in it for the rear mounts. Going to take a little trimming or spacers to make it work with the stock lower triple clamp but its yours if you want it. shoot me a pm with addy and i'll send it to ya!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 am

Thank you.
Hard deal to pass-up. ;)

PM sent. thumb
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 pm

no problem, i have 4 different fenders so its what ever. Packed up and sent ups to you today, hopefully should see it next week. keep us posted on your progress. Aloha
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:57 pm

FINALLY took the WR-250X out for the first ride this year since the weather has gotten decent (50 degrees).
Thoughts:

*The bike sat all winter with the battery removed and on a charger.
The fuel tank was filled with Stabil-treated gasoline.
The winter was spend doing my mods and oogling the bike, and the bike was last run in mid-December.
Today, I installed the battery, serviced the air filter, set the clock, siphoned out the Stabil-treated gas, poured in some straight gas, and hit the button.
The bike started immediately. :)

* The bike runs very well, just as the WR-250R I rode last year with the same mods.
Honestly, after driving my 2004 Ford Ranger XL all winter, the WR-250X feels like a Superbike, I'm happy to say.
Plenty of power, with plenty of revs and decent torque down low - a well-balanced powerband.
The bike feels very fun to ride.

*The 13/49 sprockets feel excellent and is very much like the 12/47 sprockets I liked on my WR-250R.
Acceleration is very good and the spacing from gear-to-gear is mucho better than the stock overgeared stuff.
Cruising at 60mph is easy, too.
Myself, I wish the bike came geared like this as it suits the power very well.
Next thing to buy is another 12o'clocklabs.com speedometer recalibration gizmo.

*The front brake is very good I'm happy to say - firm and powerful.
That means there's one less thing to have to spend money on.
By comparison to the stock front brake on the other motard I used to own - a 2009 DR-Z400SM - the one on the WR-250X feels like it came off a World Superbike, and the brake on the DR-Z felt softer and much less powerful.
Good stuff.

*The Go Race-modified rear shock worked very well.
Probably the best thing I can say about it is that I simply had fun sport riding the bike and the rear suspension never did anything funny to make me notice it.
By comparison, the stock shock had me feeling it pogo up and down almost immediately after leaving the driveway on my maiden ride.
None of that silly shit here, and the rear suspension felt firm yet able to soak-up the bumps as well as stay put without moving all around needlessly.
Quite an improvement.

Looking forward to more tomorrow. thumb
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Outside, at last. :)

My New Ride - Page 2 031311wr-250xx
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:26 pm

My New Ride - Page 2 00614

First decent ride, so I haven't done squat to it. I haven't even taken the reflectors off. This is where I first raced motocross 33 years ago, so I figured it would be a good destination.

I've gone full-circle. cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My New Ride   My New Ride - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My New Ride
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2