Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Spares List

Go down 
+7
clapped_r6
danila
cryptomundo
greer
YZEtc
gatorfan
edteamslr
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Spares List - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:05 pm

IMHO I think the Safari is going to survive get offs better. I have tested mine quite extensively and will vouch for it in this area!
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Boondocker wrote:
I didn't notice your intended departure date, but I notice you listed the IMS 4.5 gal tank. There is no question that you need extra fuel capacity on a trip like this, but the IMS 4.5 gal tank is not yet available. That leaves you with the IMS 3.1 gal or the Safari 3.5. You should add auxiliary cans to either tank choice. A 6 gallon capacity wouldn't be too much. Look at Rotopax. If you go with a 1-gal Rotopax on the tail rack with a GL Coyote bag, mock up the fit. I was able to mount my can 1-inch further rearward, as far back as it can go on my GYTR rack. The extra inch of seat length, especially when wearing a backpack, made a big comfort difference.

If I was doing more than a couple of days out, I'd seriously consider the 2-gal Rotopax on the side-mount frame along with bigger luggage. Wolfman now has an integrated solution for both. You won't regret all the waterproofness you can get either.

Best of luck on your trip.

Departure is April and the IMS4.5 is very high on my list of priorities. I'll be on the road until October. I am taking a 7Ltr roll-up fuel bladder as well, just in case I need an additional 100miles to explore or in areas of dodgy fuel. The reason why I would not go for a secondary external tank for this trip as part of the permanent fuel-strategy is because it takes up luggage space and when you're filling up with fuel everyday any extra tasks can become really boring and you never know if it's going to be convenient to stop and transfer fuel (raining, dodgy area, getting dark etc.). Not an issue with shorter trips and a great idea in general but not something I'm thinking about.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:14 am

Hope you were able to get a fuel pump lined out.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:18 am

We'll see. A US consultant here in London has ordered it for me and Service Honda have given him a 7 to 9 day delivery window. I can then call by his office in NYK next week if it arrives or he'll bring it back to London for me when he's next over.

Where there's a will, there's a way...
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 am

Headlight, tail light, turn signal bulbs. If you roll them in foam secured with a rubber band they'll pack well. I carry all three crammed down in a tough plactic bottle. Have you fixed yourself a headlight guard? Oncoming traffic on gravel roads can sling big rocks. All you need is a piece of lexan or plexi and some HD velcro; there's a thread here somewhere.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks - yes, definitely an indicator. I will also be taking a headlight cover because I've purchased a rally-style screen which has an indent for a headlight cover. More on the progress of that later - not seen one on a WR yet... Shog
Back to top Go down
GaryH

GaryH

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Jim Beam. Jus sayin. bert
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:06 pm

GaryH wrote:
Jim Beam. Jus sayin. bert

oh, bourbon whiskey, my favorite .. have you tried elijah craig? its good straight up sipping bourbon thumb
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: thanks to those who offered their help!   Spares List - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:38 pm

New fuel pump - *check*

A workmate bought it for me and delivered it by hand to the Gingerman Bar in Midtown Manhattan the other night.

A very satisfying evening on sooo many levels...

Due to the snow in London I'm going to be stuck here in NYK 'til Monday.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Good deal on the pump. Are you going to post your ride updates to the same place as the Africa trip? I am going to be very interested to find out if you think the lightweight choice pays off.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm

I will post on the CapeTown site (soon to be revamped), WR and ADV.

I didn't post last trip on a forum because most people have seen pics of an Africa Twin by the side of a road (which is where they're mostly to be found due to their extreme weight - mine was over 300kgs when I weighed it in South Africa) but the WR lends itself to all sorts of interesting possibilities and my lightweight packing should make for some cool excursions. I'll have lots of time for footage while I wait for my mate Dan on his overloaded DRZ400.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spares List   Spares List - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spares List
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2