Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blaisew

IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem Empty
PostSubject: IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem   IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:08 pm

I have just started the install of my new 3.1 IMS tank and see what I think will be a problem with my Corbin saddle. The IMS uses all of the extra space between the frame and stock seat which is no problem with the stock saddle as it has a flat interface. The Corbin, however, has a pronounced bump just behind the top catch which engages the pin on the back of the tank. I've come to a halt at this point and would like to know if anyone else has installed this combo and can tell me if it works or not. I'm 90% sure it won't. That means use the bigger tank and stock seat, or stick with the Corbin and stock tank. I really like the Corbin as it lowers the seat height by 1" or maybe a bit more, and lets me put both toes on the ground. That's a pretty good deal when you come to a stop on rough or uneven ground. Anyone?????

Ken
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem   IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:23 pm

blaiseew: Yes... Same issue here.

We used a dremel with a small diameter carbon disc in a cross-hatch configuration in the area of interference and then took a wood rasp and continued to remove material until the seat would satisfactorily interface with the tank.

Be careful not to get down too far into (through) the pan as that area provides the flex rigidity of the seat (you don't want the seat to flex there or it could potentially grenade itself off the bike under loading/unloading).

Only remove what is necessary.

ALSO: Get a particle mask if you go at it with a belt sander (another option I s'pose) the epoxy impregnated fiber is TOXIC !

Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem   IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:43 pm

[quote="X-Racer"]blaiseew: Yes... Same issue here.

Thanks! That's what I needed to know. IMS will be going on the bike. thumb
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem   IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:10 pm

I was asking the girl (the main wrench (errrummmm wench)in the house).

She somewhat recalls having to excise additional material on the bottom of the pan as well.

...but first get it to snug-up properly to the tank and then look at the need to adjust any elevation issues.

The seat's tank clip could also be removed and spaced out slightly (is my recall).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem   IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3.1 Gal and Corbin...I see a problem
Page 1 of 1