Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

corbin seats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pluccock

corbin seats Empty
PostSubject: corbin seats   corbin seats EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Does any one have experience with using a corbin seat to lower the seat height for a wr25r?
Back to top Go down

corbin seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: corbin seats   corbin seats EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:10 pm

I have one. It is about 1" lower than stock, I think, which is just right for me. I'm 5'9" and can put a foot down easier now. It is also wider, so it is more comfortable too. My bony butt gets sore on just about anything, though. I like that I can reach ground easier and keep my suspension set just the way I like. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

corbin seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: corbin seats   corbin seats EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 12:12 pm

I don't have one on the R, but I do have one on my KTM SuMo (05 SMC) which has THE WORST seat in the universe.

The Corbin "Dual Sport" seat version is an incredible upgrade for street riding. Unfortunately you lose the knee-grip surface area since the sides are so low.

It also enhances the two-up comfort as well (if that is a factor).
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

corbin seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: corbin seats   corbin seats EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 am

I put on a corbin seat almost as soon as I got my wrr. It looks better and is way more comfortable.It's true what corbin says about the seat takes about 1000 miles before it breaks in. It's a little expensive at $400 but it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

corbin seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: corbin seats   corbin seats EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:10 am

Just to be clear, the break-in isn't the seat. It's you sitting on it. ....as it true with any seat. The comfortable "answer" is the contour.

...none of which I ever paid attention to when I was younger. I may have ridden with no seat and may not have ever know it for all I know !

Edit: P.S. One (a Corbin) is going on mine (hers) real soon.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

corbin seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: corbin seats   corbin seats EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:45 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Just to be clear, the break-in isn't the seat. It's you sitting on it. ....as it true with any seat. The comfortable "answer" is the contour.

...none of which I ever paid attention to when I was younger. I may have ridden with no seat and may not have ever know it for all I know !

Edit: P.S. One (a Corbin) is going on mine (hers) real soon.
The reason I put a corbin on my wrr is because I had double hip replacement.It's nice that it lowered my seat height about an inch or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

corbin seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: corbin seats   corbin seats Empty

Back to top Go down

corbin seats
Page 1 of 1