Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Elbow and Knee guards

Go down 
+3
macfast
SheWolf
asheville thumper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Elbow and Knee guards Empty
PostSubject: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm looking for some new elbow and knee guards and wanted to get some input from you guys. Let me know what you use and what you like and dislike about them. I'm trying to stay in the under $50 range for each pair. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:04 pm

I wear Troy Lee Combat knee/shin guards, and the elbow guards are part of a whole downhill armor set. Troy Lee Descender. I like them both because they give great protection all the way around. The only drawback I found with the knee/shin guards were they were a bit tight inside the boot, but nothing too uncomfortable. Better have it covered than shredded.

macfast

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Thor Force Knee Guards , $85 are more like a knee brace , I have used them for 6 years and landed on my knees many times well worth the money. Just got a pair of Thor Static Elbow Guards. They slide on. They don't have belts. like them so far $27 . I would not ride off road without them or a chest protector & good boots . Used knee pads when I broke my leg might not have if I had these braces .
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 am

I've read a lot of good reviews on those Thor Force guards on TT and ADV. I'm going to have to give those a second look. Thanks for the responses....anybody else have some suggestions?
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:25 am

666 D3O stuff!
Back to top Go down
jimrobinette

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:20 am

Another vote for Thor Force. My knees feel like you can do anything to them and it won't hurt. I also had knee surgery in Aug, and they make my knees feel like they are in a protective cocoon. I recommend getting some of those thigh-high socks or knee pad liners, because when the velcro from the neoprene rolls under, you will be begging for some!

Jim
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:41 am

Knees: Thor Quadrant; They're cheap, but do the job. Easy donning and fit in the boots.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/1984/ITEM/Thor-Motocross-Quadrant-Knee-Guards.aspx

I don't wear elbow guards. Never have. Tried several types, but could never get use to the impeded arm mobility. I only wear a chest protector in particularly rocky terrain.

Underbody: Six-Six-One Not in the OP request, but if you can find some silk underwear (and your friends don't make fun of you) they do provide protection (oxymoronish I realize since I wear neither chest or elbow protection) wick moisture away from your body adding to comfort in both hot and cold temps.

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=0aaf792e-3bea-49a6-b029-164093fd405a&product=0e176e89-fc18-40ac-a4e5-edac4a2663aa
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 pm

I bought some Fox Titan Race Knee/Shin guards, and while im not to fond of Fox's products these knee/shin guards are built for purpose and comfort, and seem durable. The fit nicely in my Alpinestars Tech 3 boots and at a cost of $16 you can't go wrong. I found them at cyclegear(in store).

For elbow guards I went for something more expensive and do not regret it at all. I bought the Alpinestars Bionic 2 upper body armor (all one piece: spine protector/kidney belt/shoulder guards/elbow guards/chest protector), only cost me $230 Rolling Eyes , and is extremely comfortable and very easy to put on and take off. Keeps me very cool durring hot days too.
Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow and Knee guards   Elbow and Knee guards Empty

Back to top Go down

Elbow and Knee guards
Page 1 of 1