Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things? Empty
PostSubject: How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things?   How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:27 am

I mean, can I go out riding miles from home and not worry about getting back, or is it pretty much a sudden failure that will leave you high and dry? cry

What is a good replacement pump that is more dependable than the factory unit?

Were there even any recalls on the fuel pump issue?

My bike is a 2008 BTW. dddog
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things?   How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 pm

What's your build date?? The only ones that really seemed to have issues were 2/08 but there have been a few randoms I've seen.

There is no known replacement if yours does go bad, other than a new OEM.

There was a recall in Japan but not in the US, Yamaha NA seems to favor the ignorance card on the issue. I ended up replacing mine at my cost, despite my Yamaha Extended Warranty.... it's a really long story.

Do a search in Google. This topic is nearly beat to death.

horse
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things?   How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Mine just crossed 15,000 miles on the original pump, build date in the range, no problems yet. BigDog and Krabil both had to replace their pumps around this miles. My first WRR was an early '08 and had 17k on it and the original pump.

There was a recall on pumps in Japan but not the states, but Yamaha is covering most if not all the failures under warranty. The replacement pumps, used in the 09+ bikes, is a different part number and is apparently either redesigned or simply assembled correctly. I don't think I've heard of any 09+ bikes having a pump failure. I bought the extended warranty because of the mileage I do for just such an occasion...
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things?   How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm

skierd wrote:
Mine just crossed 15,000 miles on the original pump, build date in the range, no problems yet. BigDog and Krabil both had to replace their pumps around this miles. My first WRR was an early '08 and had 17k on it and the original pump.

There was a recall on pumps in Japan but not the states, but Yamaha is covering most if not all the failures under warranty. The replacement pumps, used in the 09+ bikes, is a different part number and is apparently either redesigned or simply assembled correctly. I don't think I've heard of any 09+ bikes having a pump failure. I bought the extended warranty because of the mileage I do for just such an occasion...

Thats good to hear. My build date is July of 08, so maybe I have nothing to worry about. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things?   How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things? Empty

Back to top Go down

How reliable is the stock fuel pump on these things?
Page 1 of 1