Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chkMINUS

Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand Empty
PostSubject: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 pm

What tire should I get? I heard the Dunlop 606's that receive such high praise don't fare well in Florida Sand. I'm upgrading from the stock tires and ride about 80/20 dirt to street. I take it very easy when I'm street riding.

Help a noob out! :)

PS My KTM buddy suggested a Kenda master 2 rear and a Kenda 777f front. Are these compatible with our bikes?
Back to top Go down
chkMINUS

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Update: I decided to go with Kenda 760 Trackmaster II 110/100-18 on the rear and a Kenda 777f 90/90-21 up front. I'll update with results and pics.
Back to top Go down
bman

PostSubject: Offroad Tires for Florida conditions   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:38 am

Many riders here in Florida ride/race the Dunlop GeoMax series tires. I have used the MX-51 on the rear and the MX-31 on the front.

I have also used the Michelin S-12 too. Both tires give good grip and track well in the sand and mud ( whenever it rains). YMMV.
thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:56 am

The Scorpion Pro's I have on now really seem to shine in the loose stuff...pretty much any of it, and it's a DOT. Much better in sand than the Trackmaster, which is pretty much the identical tire as the Mitas C16 I just took off. lurk

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:19 pm

I love the trackmaster 2 rear. Front is crap but rear shines in the sugar sand we have here.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:21 pm

I used to run Track Master II's. I liked them, but they wore pretty quickly and the front did not track well in the sand. I now have run two sets of Pirelli XCMH's.......I like them even more than the TM II's, and they do not cost that much more.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Doug what kind of mileage do you have on those MH's? I had my guys order in both the MH and the Pro's. The Pro's were much harder so I figured I'd get a better return on them with the pavement runs I do. The MH's flexed quite a bit more than the Pro's did. eeek

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:52 am

SheWolf wrote:
Doug what kind of mileage do you have on those MH's? I had my guys order in both the MH and the Pro's. The Pro's were much harder so I figured I'd get a better return on them with the pavement runs I do. The MH's flexed quite a bit more than the Pro's did. eeek

My first set, I probably only had a couple hundred miles on before I sold them on my DRZ. This set, on the WRR, I put on at 29 miles, and now have about 744 miles on bike. They are holding up really well, especially on a bike with lower power( than my DRZ). It is a 90/10 tire, so I do not buy them for long mileage. I ride 95% dirt, and try to stay off pavement as much as possible. Pavement will obviously wear them down more.

I'll post some pictures up when I take them off and what mileage I am at. Since dirt tires are relatively cheap, I do take them off before most people do.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:59 am

Mine come off about 3/4 done these days. I used to run them right down to the carcass but it's not worth it.

PostSubject: Re: Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand   Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand Empty

Back to top Go down

Swamp Mud & Florida Sugar Sand
Page 1 of 1