Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?

Go down 
+2
dtx
glock19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
glock19

Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  Empty
PostSubject: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:10 pm

I did and I am freaking beat! Me and my buddy decided to go rip around at the local pits today! Any one familiar with Southwick mx track- this is about as close as a practice you can get. After the 450 lunatics left I started to do the track the were just riding on since it just rained the sand was awesome.

Riding my wrr like a 125 mx bike I realized that I need some work in the sand. The Cadillac whoops had me bucking around like i was on a wild bull! But the bike loves it and does pretty damn good in the berms and on the smaller whoop sections.

The motocross guys were like "those are street legal" ? And you rode them here. thumb Yes I did!
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Just revalve your rear shock and it will be fine. Mine was done by fastbikes and had ridden everythig since.
Makes the bike far more stable and stops that chuck you over the bar feeling. Always like it when people who say you cannot do that on a wrr/x whatch you do it. thumb
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Before sending the shock out, try maxing the rebound damping out..three clicks. Will make it much better than it is now.
Back to top Go down
glock19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 am

I haven't touched the rear shock yet and I only weigh 150 pounds. Honestly I wanted to mess with it but have no idea about adjusting suspension. Assuming rebound clicker is on bottom of shock which way do I turn it? Say looking at it from the brake lever side?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:46 am

You need to get familiar with your owner's manual - it has all that info. Reading through it every year at the start of riding is not a bad thing.

You can also find the owner's manual online and get an electronic copy if you wish.

We can give you just the one sentence answer, but if you go look in your owner's manual, you'll also see other stuff, pics, and "Gee, I didn't know that" stuff.

Check out page 3-16 in your manual; you'll find rebound and compression covered there, with diagrams.
Back to top Go down
nap

nap

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 pm

DITTO what Jager said!! I learned years ago from my electronics training... Always read the manual !!
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:50 pm

i cranked my rebound, well the knob on the bottom of the rear shock, as far counter clockwise as it would go.

seemed to help, then again suspension stuff confuses me still, so not 100% it was the right thing to do but oh well.

CCwise looking at it from the top btw, so clockwise if your on your back underneath.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Any time you crank the ajusters full on or off you are outside the working range of them.
This shock is that bad new,everybody i know who had it revalved is way past happy.
yamaha did a poor job on this shock.
If i could only do one mod it would be a revalved rear shock,the rest is just bling,eyecandy or noise.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:44 pm

spacecadet wrote:
i cranked my rebound, well the knob on the bottom of the rear shock, as far counter clockwise as it would go.

seemed to help, then again suspension stuff confuses me still, so not 100% it was the right thing to do but oh well.

CCwise looking at it from the top btw, so clockwise if your on your back underneath.

If I am reading your reply correctly, you turned the rebound damping all the way in, which the manual calls direction A. That was the right way to go, but like DTX said, you can not go all the way. Should not anyway. max rebound damping is at 3 clicks out(direction B)...clockwise if looking from above.

While the shock is not perfect, I have it set up as best I can before sending it out for a rebuild. These are my current settings , front and rear. They get me through the riding my buddies and I do.

Rear shock:
Compression(top): 13 clicks
Rebound(bottom): 3 clicks

Forks:
Compression(bottom): 19 clicks
Rebound(top): 10 clicks
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:43 am

not trying to thread jack, or use search poser2

but to much front dive = increase compression dampening or rebound?
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:22 am

spacecadet wrote:
not trying to thread jack, or use search poser2

but to much front dive = increase compression dampening or rebound?

compression DAMPING is what you would want to increase. If you max it out and still get too much dive, you might need stiffer springs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?    Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone take their wrr in the sand pits?
Page 1 of 1