Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What are those holes for ?

Go down 
+6
Fargo_Wolf
mtb
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
mwakey
Chrispy1200
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

What are those holes for ? Empty
PostSubject: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Both sides of bike below the link mount. Centerstand option ? scratch

What are those holes for ? DSCN2061_tn
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:09 pm

How the hell did I miss those? I never noticed them before. I don't see how they could be for a centerstand with the link in the way. You could never get a bolt through there with the link in the way. Not enough clearance. My guess is they are tie down points.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:12 pm

With what? Bungee cords?!! You wouldn't be able to get the hook of a motorcycle strap thru them either. dunno

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Weight reduction maybe?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:38 pm

My only guess:

Those holes are used to hang the frame dry Very happy
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 am

SheWolf wrote:
With what? Bungee cords?!! You wouldn't be able to get the hook of a motorcycle strap thru them either. dunno

I guess that would depend on what kind of strap you used. Like I said it's just a guess.

I doubt they are for weight savings since the frame itself is hollow. Those little holes would not save much weight. The only way you could bolt anything there would be to thread the hole and they aren't threaded. No room to thru-bolt anything with the link arm in the way. The chain roller is in the way on the left side so you couldn't even get a straight shot on that hole for any kind of pin or bolt anyhow. They could just be there for some manufacturing process. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:19 am

If you look real close at the pic, it looks like the hole is threaded.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:24 am

It's not threaded. That would be your asshole. Very happy

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 am

*swats* Shadap. Very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Maybe it's for when they build the motor, to hang it from? Like as in part of the casting? dunno

*screws a butt plug into Fargo's ass that has been slathered in red LocTite* wink
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:51 pm

Mikey wrote:
Maybe it's for when they build the motor, to hang it from? Like as in part of the casting? dunno

*screws a butt plug into Fargo's ass that has been slathered in red LocTite* wink

poser2

I'm with mikey on this one, I think they might be guide holes, part of the casting mold or used to align the frame when they were welding it up?

The frame is powder coated right? they could also be the suspension hole they used in the PC process.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Tibarus wrote:
Mikey wrote:

poser2

I'm with mikey on this one, I think they might be guide holes, part of the casting mold or used to align the frame when they were welding it up?

The frame is powder coated right? they could also be the suspension hole they used in the PC process.

I'm with you. They are probably used in the machining process as locating holes for the jig. The frame is painted though, so it's not for powder coating. They may be for the painting process, but I think they are more for machining. If you notice there is a simialr size hole near the right rear head bolt. Also for machining IMO.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Lot's of bikes and ATV's etc have this stuff
The factory need's to hold the frame in a fixture while installing suspension, engine and every other part
They would clamp it down on the assembly line with this
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:18 pm

wink *schemes* Uh, yeah...*coughs* Shog

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Those holes have been put there exclusively to make you
All ask why is it there!
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Well, of course. Otherwise they would have left a note stating:
"These holes left intentionally Blank"
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Silly goose! That hole is to hang your little riding bell like on the Harley D's!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are those holes for ?   What are those holes for ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are those holes for ?
Page 1 of 1