Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... Empty
PostSubject: Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track...   Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 am

Every year around this time the Soboba Indian Tribe in Southern California (about an hour outside of LA) opens their land up to a motorcycle ride. Hundreds of bikes show up having paid $75 each to ride. They set up a course every year that is really challenging and incredibly fun. One downhill this year was so steep that about half the riders bailed according to one official at the bottom, and one rider endoed and had his bike land on him and had broken his ribs and arm.

It was incredible.

It's almost impossible to take pictures, since it is such a twisty one way single track, but here are a few to give you an idea of the surroundings.

If you want to try it next year, make sure you have really aggressive tires, bark busters, and a smaller front (or larger rear) sprocket. Go to www.sobobarides.com

I was the only WR250R there...

Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... 0575copy

Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... 0580copy

Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... 0590copy

Yep, that's the trail along the ridge line. That was an easy part...

Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... 0600copy

If you want to really challenge yourself, try this ride, you will come away breathless and amazed...

Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track...   Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 pm

looks like a blast.

since it's 30 deg outside, i'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track...   Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Well, when the ride started at 8am, it was only 35 degrees out, and I had on my ski pants, my ski gloves, and my electric heated vest.

By the time I was done at 1pm, it was 65 out and I had on my light gloves and was sweating in a t-shirt. Riding technical single track is a huge workout. My arms and shoulders and thighs are still aching today...
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track...   Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track...   Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track... Empty

Back to top Go down

Soboba Ride - 30 Miles of HARD Single Track...
Page 1 of 1