Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?

Go down 
+7
little squirt
Farmer17
KC0514
GaryH
kjharn
sm171
Midnite171
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  Empty
PostSubject: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:24 pm

OHHH YES I DID!!!!

Just ordered;

FMF Q4
FMF Powerbomb
FMF EFI Programmer
Renthal Handle Bars
Flatland Skidplate
Zeta Armor Handguard
Zeta XC Hand Protectors
Zeta Front Brake Clevis
Zeta Master Front Brake Cylinder Cover
Zeta Master Rear Brake Cylinder Cover
Zeta Oil Filler Plug
Zeta Axle Blocks
Zeta Front Brake Line Clamp
Zeta Magnetic Drain Plug
Brake Saver
AIS Removal Kit
Clear plastic protective tape for headlight
Grips

All Zeta things are blue.

Thank god for my income tax money!!!

PS.... Don't tell my wife!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sm171

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Nice. thumb Except for the Zeta stuff, I did the same when I got mine.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 pm

For your sake, I hope it all comes in one box poser2
Back to top Go down
GaryH

GaryH

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Hope you got a new pillow for the couch! lurk
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:15 pm

The UPS guy is about to be your best friend!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 pm

I DID tell her that I made a small purchase of a "cheap exhaust pipe and some pretty blue nuts and bolts".
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Midnite171 wrote:
I DID tell her that I made a small purchase of a "cheap exhaust pipe and some pretty blue nuts and bolts".

poser2 poser2
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

nice! sounds like my first purchase, about 1500 a couple hours after i brought the bike home!! pics pics pics!!
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:32 am

Good luck hiding it from the wife. Just tell her you could have a worse hobby....make up the worse one you can think of :)
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Farmer17 wrote:
Midnite171 wrote:

poser2 poser2

And please no wise cracks about "blue nuts"!!!
Back to top Go down
smit70NJ

smit70NJ

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Midnite171 wrote:
OHHH YES I DID!!!!

Just ordered;

FMF Q4
FMF Powerbomb
FMF EFI Programmer
Renthal Handle Bars
Flatland Skidplate
Zeta Armor Handguard
Zeta XC Hand Protectors
Zeta Front Brake Clevis
Zeta Master Front Brake Cylinder Cover
Zeta Master Rear Brake Cylinder Cover
Zeta Oil Filler Plug
Zeta Axle Blocks
Zeta Front Brake Line Clamp
Zeta Magnetic Drain Plug
Brake Saver
AIS Removal Kit
Clear plastic protective tape for headlight
Grips

All Zeta things are blue.

Thank god for my income tax money!!!

PS.... Don't tell my wife!!!!!

Nice! I did that (ordered like $1200 of sh!t for my WR2 in one shot!). It is almost like getting a new bike.
ps - don't be one of those ball-less dudes who has to ask his wife's permission and be afraid of her and hide shit. be a man & keep the pimp hand strong! :)
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:12 pm

1200 thats it... lol. my bike came with a FMF full system, edge tailight, pro taper bars, and fmf programmer and i still dropped 1300 in a matter of days when i got my tax return. gets expensive quick.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Yeah when I got my bike last year, I immediately got some D606 Dunlop tires, heavy duty tubes, Edge tail light assembly, tool pouch for rear fender, helmet, boots, water hydration system, gloves, waterproof riding jacket, riding pants and a couple other minor things. That added up pretty quickly.

BTW, all items I mentioned above are installed (hopefully successfully) but when I was on my last step (FMF programmer) I accidentally dropped my fuel tank and broke the plastic fuel line elbow connector!!! baldy
Well, of course they don't sell just the elbow (probably because it's hard as sh*t to take it off and replace it) so I need a whole new fuel pump at $312 retail. WELL, thanks to my new friend Zestymac from this forum, he sold me his old fuel pump and I will use the piece I need from his pump with mine. A very hard piece to switch around though. I will post it all on here once completed (if successful).
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:52 pm

thats an insane price for a friggen fuel pump especially when they should have a full recall on them because we all know there junk and go bad on almost every 08 model thats out there. mine better last through this year i've spent enough on mine already.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Stubbz wrote:
thats an insane price for a friggen fuel pump especially when they should have a full recall on them because we all know there junk and go bad on almost every 08 model thats out there. mine better last through this year i've spent enough on mine already.
Let's put things in context here.

It isn't "almost every 08 model that's out there". What percentage of '08 bikes would you be prepared to say have exhibited fuel pump problems? 90%? 70%? 50%?

Even 10%?

The vast majority of '08s - like mine - have not had any problem whatsoever with the fuel pump.

The problem is most noticeable simply because it's about the only thing that has been identified as going wrong. It certainly hasn't affected "almost every 08" out there.

That isn't going to make anyone feel better if they happen to run out of luck with their fuel pump, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a minority of bikes.

I don't agree with Yamaha's stock response to this either, but at least those who bug Yamaha enough usually get it replaced as a warranty item.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?    Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Uh oh!!! Did I just order $1200 worth of sh*t for my bike?
Page 1 of 1