Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle

Go down 
+6
Ministry
SheWolf
asheville thumper
gas_pig70
shredak
0007onWR
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
0007onWR

0007onWR

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle Empty
PostSubject: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:27 pm

[img]https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle Img_1510[/img]
Man, I almost kissed my Purolator girl today, that's a bold statement after lookin at her
Anyway, Got my Q4 and Powerbomb wings

Easy bolt up and I think I can live with the noise level
Definitely rev's quicker and goes through the gears quicker, not sure i have more top speed but i need to ride it again as it was cold and wicked windy today and that headwind really sucks life out of a little bike
I wish the PCIII could store more than 1 map, would be nice to try map's back to back on the same road
Back to the shop
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:13 am

does your q4 touch on the pass foot peg bracket?
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 am

shredak wrote:
I'd be really careful putting a passenger back there without a guard on the pipe anyway. Thankfully the pegs & brackets were the first thing I removed when I brought my R2 home. Very happy
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 am

I love the way the bike looks with the powerbomb and q4. I wish we could get some stimulus money and I would put those on plus programmer ASAP!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:54 am

eeek Oooo it looks wicked, Red!! thumb Damn that really looks awesome! How much louder do you find it from the stock can? It'll be interesting to see if you get anal leakage from yours like others seem to have been getting; be a bitch to have that drool run all over everything. GAHHHH You'll have to jump on that thing and come visit me at work this week...looks like Wednesday/Thursday look nice. I'm on afternoons this week so that should fit in with your busy schedule. wink

0007onWR wrote:
Man, I almost kissed my Purolator girl today, that's a bold statement after lookin at her

Was that Purolator, or UPS? I have seen the UPS one *shudders* You can save it for me. poser2

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 am

I removed the peg the day I got the bike Im talking about the frame of the bike, I fixed it by putting a washer between the front mounting bracket and the flange on the pipe.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Oh yeah...I gather without it you'd get a decent amount of vibration from that... Suspect

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:16 pm

shredak wrote:

Yup, it touches the mounting bracket right where the mounting bolt goes!!
(Sorry, my middle name is Smartass)

No it fit's like like factory, there is some room for fore and aft movement, foot peg mount goes from 10mm to 8mm bolt and the rear mount is slotted so maybe you can pull your's back a hair
And ya, it's oozing some kind of groady spooge out the front
Now I'm all confused as to what map to use, I have #3 from Dynojet loaded and there's a little black on the finger after a 15 minute ride
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Deep throating that thing again, eh Red? thumb OMG you said spooge... wink

Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:53 pm

mine would have oozed but I struck first by pullin apart and applying generous amounts of rtv
Back to top Go down
Ministry

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Pipe looks good. Now go clean up that hideous tail! eeek
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:01 pm

poser2 Oh shit Red, they're onto you. Oh what to do with the man who loves OEM gidgetry... Very happy wink

Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:27 pm

0007onWR wrote:
I wish the PCIII could store more than 1 map, would be nice to try map's back to back on the same road

It can if you purchase the optional digital display.....You get a digital tach with it as well...
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Ministry wrote:
Pipe looks good. Now go clean up that hideous tail! eeek

Ya, i keep eyeballing all that gear hanging out there but i dont really like the aftermarket item's, I have an idea but I just gotta have that Factory fit and finish
Will take me a bit but I will post some pic's after moddin it all up
The sled freak in me just keep's screaming "Stock Suck's"

SheWolf, Gimmie your old tail light assembly so i can run it through the band saw, need to make mistakes on an ugly prototype so I can make a final version for viewing thumb
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

I don't know what you have in mind for the stock fender mod, but what's wrong with the DRC setup? It looks a hell of a lot better than any hack job on the stock fender I have seen so far.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:44 pm

My tail mod is not a hack job! Or is it? What do you think?

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R1_tail

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R_(23)

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R_(22)

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R_(3)

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R_(10)

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R_(16)

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R_(19)
Back to top Go down
bonecrusher

bonecrusher

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 pm

vwsandman wrote:

That is pretty slick! thumb Did you make the plate hanger yourself? Is the light and intergrated unit for an R1?

Brad
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Yep I made the whole enchilada a long time ago....the plate hanger is the OEM part just shortened up a bit and re-welded together and spray painted with some bronze hammer cote paint. And I made the license plate backing plate out of some aluminum stock I had. I am using the Custom LED integrated R1 tail light with their flasher unit, and some LED license plat bolts to light the plate to keep it all "legal"

Still think the other world markets have a cooler setup than we do baldy
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:39 am

Ya VW
That's the ticket, look's good
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: pcIII maps   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Hey 0007

Try some of these maps if you don't have already. Not sure of your elevation, but try the "rustyg61" map.

OK, go to "those sweet mods" and look for the "pc maps" that machtig posted. There is a link to maps that others have posted.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:48 pm

oldirt wrote:
Hey 0007

Try some of these maps if you don't have already. Not sure of your elevation, but try the "rustyg61" map.

OK, go to "those sweet mods" and look for the "pc maps" that machtig posted. There is a link to maps that others have posted.
Most riding is under 3000ft or so, I will scope out that map, I already have it saved from a while ago
The map I'm using must be pretty close, I rode about a hour or so on the pavement today and there is only a tiny bit of soot in the tail pipe
It's better through the midrange but I'm not sure there is a huge gain up on top
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Bet you'd get better gains if you were on the bottom... wink *runs* Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle Sprint

Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:15 am

vwsandman wrote:

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle WR250R_(22)

I don't know, the R2 tail light always makes me think it was designed with a different mission in mind.
Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle Ncc_en12
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 am

OMG Pig... poser2 thumb

Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Now that is funny Pig! I agree! I made the best of what they gave us...I would much rather have the World market Tail light assembly...must be some damn DOT thing why we get the one we do...Same for you guys up north as well right She Wolf?

I would love to get my hands on one from overseas that some one took off....

Boy has this thread got off topic...what were we talking about before?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle   Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle Empty

Back to top Go down

Start's with an F, Ends with an F, has an M in the middle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next