Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Boots/ shifter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
grubbie

grubbie

Boots/ shifter Empty
PostSubject: Boots/ shifter   Boots/ shifter EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 pm

So I bought a pair of boots. MSR VX1, to be exact. I like the extra protection, I usually ride in some kind of work boot and I am constantly ripping the hide off my shins (I try to climb things that I shouldn't, that's another story). Anyway, having a hard time up shifting. The obvious answer is to raise the shift lever, but what spooks me is when I do that, the shift lever will be in position to punch a hole in the crank case if I lay it over. Anyone else out there have that same problem on their WR? Any advice?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Boots/ shifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots/ shifter   Boots/ shifter EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Yo Grubbie... If you are not use to shifting in MX style boots it'll take a lil time to get the feel. Two reasons, one is the boot dimensions itself, the other is the boot "breaking in".

Wear them around the house ( or whenever you can to walk in them) and that will expedite the process.

Leather oil in the bend area will help as well.

Not sure how much water exposure you may endure, but care afterwards is key to longevity.

DO NOT put them by a heater or a fire. If they are REAL wet you can use paper to initially help absorb some moisture. Afterwards simple air dry flow works best.
Back to top Go down
mattf

Boots/ shifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots/ shifter   Boots/ shifter EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 pm

what X-racer said. took me a good week of use to get used to MX boots and I moved my shifter as well to help. I even wore them while walking the dog to help get them broke in.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

Boots/ shifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots/ shifter   Boots/ shifter EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 pm

TWO THINGS I DID TO HELP WITH THIS. 1. Bought a driven shifter lever 2. Bought a set of Pivot Pegs. The combo worked magic!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Boots/ shifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots/ shifter   Boots/ shifter EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:32 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Not sure how much water exposure you may endure, but care afterwards is key to longevity.

DO NOT put them by a heater or a fire. If they are REAL wet you can use paper to initially help absorb some moisture. Afterwards simple air dry flow works best.
Old ski patroller secret: Peet Boot Dryers... all the way baby.

They've branched out now into making dryers for waders, gloves, etc, so they shouldn't be hard to find.

And putting on nice toasty warm shoes, boots, whatever in the morning is a nice way to start out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boots/ shifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots/ shifter   Boots/ shifter Empty

Back to top Go down

Boots/ shifter
Page 1 of 1