Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

After Market Shifter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

After Market Shifter Empty
PostSubject: After Market Shifter   After Market Shifter EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:35 am

My shifter keeps getting pushed into the case while I'm riding. Is the shifter that soft as to bend from just usiing it. Ill be riding and i wont be able to shift up becausae the shifter is under the case. I then have to stop and pull it back out.

Anyone recommend an aftermarket shifter?
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: After Market Shifter   After Market Shifter EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 10:00 am

Better to bend the shift lever than the shifter shaft.
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: After Market Shifter   After Market Shifter EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:10 am

4play wrote:
Better to bend the shift lever than the shifter shaft.

Excellent point! But I would like to have an additional shifter on hand because I feel like one of these times I'm going to bend the shifter back out and its going to snap.
If there's an after market one that someone has liked, I would be curious to hear about it and look into it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mejato

PostSubject: Re: After Market Shifter   After Market Shifter EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 6:30 am

Don't spend any money on shifters, ask for any generic make. Like others have said, it's better that the shifter bend on impact. I've been through 2 shifters already and both times I misjudged deep Boggs. It happens and you can bend it back and still use the shifter afterwards I have found.
Back to top Go down
dfoustou

PostSubject: Re: After Market Shifter   After Market Shifter EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 11:17 pm

i agree. i have bended the shifter numerous times. just pull it back to position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Market Shifter   After Market Shifter Empty

Back to top Go down

After Market Shifter
Page 1 of 1