Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!

Go down 
+21
foofighter
zone47
SheWolf
WRXer
bren5279
WRXR
mordicai
dc4stroke
motokid
lifejacket
deep blue
cuban11182
RimBenty
dustcloud
0007onWR
Midnite171
BuilderBob
soggytire
sswrx
Hertz
little squirt
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WRXR

WRXR

My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Awesome. Guess it's pretty scary when the turbo kicks in. How's the lag, and at which rpm does it kick in?
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:04 pm

How much did you pay for the used kit?
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:45 pm

The aluminum can is simply because the air box can't take that kind of pressure and even tiny leaks kill boost
There is no pulse tuning or anything once you are talking about boost, it's just pressure, it fixes everything
BOV's open when the throttle closes and provides vacuum from a pulse line, it eliminates or minimizes compressor surge (the chacka chacka noise when you chop the throttle) it's the turbo cavitating, pretty hard on the turbo when it goes from 200,000 rpm to low rpm in a split second
I love turbo's I have had a few turbo 4 stroke sleds
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Interesting. In ver 2 the exhaust up-pipe could come up the other side of the biketo the turbo then have the exhaust cross back over & run the intake air up to an intercooler where the dummy side radiator shroud is then back to the airbox.

Ride report?
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:01 pm

LS...
nicely done. Turbomeister!!!!!!!! Waikiki to North shore in record times????
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:07 pm

dddog Bastard is probably trying to wash off the wet spot he left on his seat, after riding it with that dildo he put on there... C'MON SQUIRT! How's the ride?? wink Very happy amazon

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:14 pm

0007onWR wrote:
The aluminum can is simply because the air box can't take that kind of pressure and even tiny leaks kill boost
There is no pulse tuning or anything once you are talking about boost, it's just pressure, it fixes everything
BOV's open when the throttle closes and provides vacuum from a pulse line, it eliminates or minimizes compressor surge (the chacka chacka noise when you chop the throttle) it's the turbo cavitating, pretty hard on the turbo when it goes from 200,000 rpm to low rpm in a split second
I love turbo's I have had a few turbo 4 stroke sleds

thank you for that! Very nice to know.

first test ride didnt go very smooth, i figured out that i taped into the vacuum line at the wrong spot, (after this small white check valve) dummy on my part. after making the correct changes it runs very well for just having a base map setup.

bike is 50% quieter now, doesnt have that real BRAAAAP sound to it. going to have to get use to that

second ride was today. im very pleased with the setup. not as much grunt down low, but it makes up for it from about 5k up. there are some low rpm transition spots where the map feels like it needs to be tweaked. i know i need to get a full my bike specific dyno tune done soon. just have to save up some more dollas for that. overall, im stupid happy with it so far!

as for the heat, there isnt much more really than what it was like before. well time to enjoy my new toy!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:17 pm

You should helmet cam a ride! thumb

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:18 pm

SheWolf wrote:
dddog Bastard is probably trying to wash off the wet spot he left on his seat, after riding it with that dildo he put on there... C'MON SQUIRT! How's the ride?? wink Very happy amazon

going to do a gopro test monday, since im off work and have nothing else to do!! thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:20 pm

wings I bet it sounds pretty slick when the boost kicks in. Hearing that little turbo spool up like a hamster in a wheel on roids. Very happy

zone47

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:02 am

little squirt wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

going to do a gopro test monday, since im off work and have nothing else to do!! thumb

Sweet!!!! bow Nice install.

I love turbos!! My car is a flat 6 turbo and it's a rush every time I kick it in!

I'd love to turbo my WRR! Can't wait for the goPro !! Be careful! amazon
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 pm

That is by far one of the coolest mod's I have seen on a X yet! Can't wait to see video of the bike in action!
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 pm

foofighter wrote:
That is by far one of the coolest mod's I have seen on a X yet! Can't wait to see video of the bike in action!

No need to wait for a vid of his. Here ya go.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:25 pm

A short video while riding with some quality exhaust sounds in it would be awesome! Post one if you can, the MPfab vid is OK but is shot from a moving truck & has wind noise. The camera being on the bike is more accurate to what the rider would hear.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:28 pm

You mention that it's kind of flat off the bottom, turbo's plug up the exhaust pretty bad but the right BOV can help a lot, Tial makes one that is open at idle and is adjustable, it can't really give back a lot of bottom end but it does help with throttle response
What BOV does the kit come with? I couldn't see it in the pictures
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:28 am

If I remember correctly there isn't a BOV. When I spoke with MPFAB they said that you didn't need one because there wasn't alot of boost. If I get the kit, I may fab up a Small section of pipe that can mount a BOV and see if there is a difference. I would assume that you "should" still need one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Cool! thumb

lurk
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Dang that was quick. Nice job!
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:53 am

not very good, has alot of wind noise... going to get a suction cup mount next and try again.....anywho

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 am

poser2 "Go minivan GO!!! Awww, c'moooooon....." Very happy

motokid

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Yeah...I was laughing at some of the running commentary too.

I bet I sound like that all the time. Probably worse on many occasions too. Shog

Mainly because I don't live on a flippin island paradise like squirt-man there. hide

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Dude, you gotta get outta the city! That thing is BEGGING to be opened up! The only thing that should be in your path is rabbits and wild turkeys!!! LOL!

What I'd like to see is you gradually and smoothly shift through the gears and let us witness the turbo actually kicking in. If that's possible.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:03 pm

yea trying to find a suction cup mount so i put the camera in different spots
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Squirt, try mounting it on top of your front brake reservoir. Works a treat for me, no need for suction cups. thumb
My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1300

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:09 pm

no windnoise with it facing backwards? seems when its on my head and i turn it, i get a huge spike in wind noise....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!   My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Turbo Kit Came In !!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next