Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need help with exhaust choice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AaronWhitt82

Need help with exhaust choice Empty
PostSubject: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:18 am

I'm already set on purchasing the FMF fuel programmer so now it's on to which exhaust to get.

I'm deciding between Yosh RS-2, Leo Vince, HMF or Dr.d

Thanks
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 am

...and why not the GYTR ?
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 am

First off it's a bit pricey and 2nd, the dealer said they can't sell it to me unless I show some type of racing credentials because it is for closed course competition only. Don't really know what that's all about.
I know Leo Vince is really good stuff and that only runs around $350. Always wanted one on my R6, but a full system was almost $1,500.
I really like the way the Yosh looks and sounds as well.
I don't have too much info on the HMF or Dr.d
I had a GYTR on my R6 and really liked it, but ended up getting rid of it and got myself a MotoGP style exhaust.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:32 am

Got it.... Not sure why either. In reality it's no different than the others. ~ shrug ~

I do like that I can put the OEM guard back on. ...and yes, the Yosh pipe is also killer.
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 am

I agree it is no different from others as far as sound goes. Maybe Yamaha & the dealer are trying to cover there ass for some reason if they sell it to someone who isn't using it for "closed course competition."

I really like the looks of the Yosh & Leo pipes.
I am now also looking at the FMF Powercore 4.
I see on the Dr.d that I can put the OEM guard back on that too.
Decisions, decisions.....

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:29 am

FMF is good, I guess it depends if you don't really care about noise, some guys are running the Powercore. A lot of us are running the Q4...quiet but same performance. thumb

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Check out the HMF Competition Series. That's what I put on my bike.
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:16 am

Well the dealer could only get the Yosh or FMF pipe. Ended up going with the Yosh for those of you that didn't see my thread in the WRX specific section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with exhaust choice   Need help with exhaust choice Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with exhaust choice
Page 1 of 1