Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

For those that have installed X wheels on their R...

Go down 
+6
Dabo
vwsandman
craigq
mattf
debaisley
trav72
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dabo

For those that have installed X wheels on their R... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those that have installed X wheels on their R...   For those that have installed X wheels on their R... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the X brake assembly on X wheels, that seems to be the cleanest solution. Unfortunately, the free X brake assembly is not an available and I back to square one. Strange EBC changed the brake relocation bracket design without having the original available. Also strange they use a 320mm and not a 298mm. The way I see it, I have two options moving forward:

Option #1: I design a bracket myself, I'm a ME, and have my machine shop at work fabricate the part. Use the existing brake caliper and just mount it to the adapter when running the SM wheels.

Option #2: Buy a used brake assembly, take it apart and permanently mount it to the EBC bracket I have. Then swap the entire brake assembly when running SM wheels.

Did you guys buy the brake assembly new or used off ebay/craigslist? I'm guessing it takes a while for these to pop up.

In the short term I'll probably mount the R disk on the SM wheels and ride it easy. Any input, comments, or other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again,

Dan
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: For those that have installed X wheels on their R...   For those that have installed X wheels on their R... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 am

Dabo wrote:

Option #1: I design a bracket myself, I'm a ME, and have my machine shop at work fabricate the part. Use the existing brake caliper and just mount it to the adapter when running the SM wheels.

Option #2: Buy a used brake assembly, take it apart and permanently mount it to the EBC bracket I have. Then swap the entire brake assembly when running SM wheels.

Did you guys buy the brake assembly new or used off ebay/craigslist? I'm guessing it takes a while for these to pop up.

In the short term I'll probably mount the R disk on the SM wheels and ride it easy. Any input, comments, or other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again,

Dan

First, if you make a caliper relocation bracket for the SM rotor I would be interested in one. It would make it much easier to than swapping the entire front brake assembly each time I change the wheels.

Second, the R disc will not fit on the X hub. Or vice versa

On another note, I absolutely love having 2 bikes in one. I rode single track all day on Saturday and Sunday I swapped to the 17's and it's ready for commuting duty. I ride some really great back roads on my commute to work. So I got a good comparison to corner speed on the WR vs. my VFR. Even thought this little bike is down on power, I was able to carry so much more corner speed in the curves than I ever was on my VFR. I don't think I ever touched the brakes going into a turn. I just leaned it over and went. My commute is fun again. I think I'm hooked!

Obligatory pic of my WRR/X's first trip to my work parking lot.
For those that have installed X wheels on their R... - Page 2 1624da317f25c8c4
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: For those that have installed X wheels on their R...   For those that have installed X wheels on their R... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Dabo wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on the X brake assembly on X wheels, that seems to be the cleanest solution. Unfortunately, the free X brake assembly is not an available and I back to square one. Strange EBC changed the brake relocation bracket design without having the original available. Also strange they use a 320mm and not a 298mm. The way I see it, I have two options moving forward:

Thanks again,

Dan
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?109822-yamaha-wr-250-r-front-disc-brake-298-mm
have one made,may just do this myself just the other way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those that have installed X wheels on their R...   For those that have installed X wheels on their R... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

For those that have installed X wheels on their R...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2