Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GPR stabilizer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
usgpru27

GPR stabilizer  Empty
PostSubject: GPR stabilizer    GPR stabilizer  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Does anyone have any comment on the GPR stabilizer. Specifically the fact that it only dampens within a limited degree from center.. The change in resistance is very difficult. I like a lot of damping for the street or track but when making a turn from a stop as an example it is not a smooth feeling and makes for sloppy riding.. I installed it last week and took a quick ride. Dont like it at all so far. Please let me know your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

GPR stabilizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPR stabilizer    GPR stabilizer  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:44 am

usgpru27 wrote:
Does anyone have any comment on the GPR stabilizer. Specifically the fact that it only dampens within a limited degree from center.. The change in resistance is very difficult. I like a lot of damping for the street or track but when making a turn from a stop as an example it is not a smooth feeling and makes for sloppy riding.. I installed it last week and took a quick ride. Dont like it at all so far. Please let me know your thoughts.

I have one on a WRR and I get what you are saying but it is my first and only damper so I can't really comment. Friend just installed a Scott's on his KLX so I will be able to compare to that soon. I am going to be shopping for one to put on my Husaberg so I need to be knowledgeable about the differences. The Husaberg branded one is flippin tiny and about the same cost as a GPR so I was going to go that route but maybe I should look into the differences more. Ohlins makes one that is hella expensive.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

GPR stabilizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPR stabilizer    GPR stabilizer  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:46 pm

I have been able to ride mine a bit and now I actually like it a lot. Dampens great within the riding range but allows quick steering when just moving around. You know when you are say trying to turn around or something and you almost drop it like a dork and have to turn the bars really quick? You can do it. Its all good pick one up..
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

GPR stabilizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPR stabilizer    GPR stabilizer  EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 pm

I am going to put a Scott's on my Berg.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

GPR stabilizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPR stabilizer    GPR stabilizer  EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:40 pm

usgpru27 wrote:
I have been able to ride mine a bit and now I actually like it a lot. Dampens great within the riding range but allows quick steering when just moving around. You know when you are say trying to turn around or something and you almost drop it like a dork and have to turn the bars really quick? You can do it. Its all good pick one up..

I've had both GPRs and Scotts on my KTMs. I now only ride wih GPRs on my KTMs/WR. I like the fact that the GPR offers a simple/calibrated dial. The Scotts takes two full turns to lock into full hard and it's not calibrated.....so once you dismount you have to remember where you last set it and hope no one came up and spun it while you were away......dumb.

GPR customer service is also excellent as opposed to Scotts (from my experience).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GPR stabilizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPR stabilizer    GPR stabilizer  Empty

Back to top Go down

GPR stabilizer
Page 1 of 1